Author Topic: Setting up VoIP....  (Read 10222 times)

jeangot

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Setting up VoIP....
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2008, 05:10:44 pm »
Colinjones,

glad that it works and I can confirm that voip providers are like black magic (I work for a company that supplies to them) :-)

I haven't really tried the per user routing features yet, so I can't say much about that, but I think here is what I did (from memory and from looking at the phone lines page): I told LMCE to use automatic configuration, chose any random voip provider and entered bogus login info, then went to the Freepbx webpage (without clicking through LMCE web admin, but by directly entering the url) and changed the sip account informations there directly.
I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not, but it has the advantage of giving me the "settings" option under "phone line" which allows you to specify which extensions to ring in each security mode (for example ring all extensions when you;re at home, don't ring the bedroom when the house is in sleep mode etc). This page might be the one that creates the IVR for you once you submit it.

The IVR kicks in after a certain number of rings and asks you which user you;re calling, and that's when the per user routing should kick in, except if you identified certain CLIs as "caller for me", then it should know even before the caller hits the ivr. Again I haven't experimented with routing calls to specific users yet, so this is only a guess...

Jean

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2008, 12:10:19 am »
Is going direct via the url important?

I'm thinking about trying to go back to the beginning and starting the voip config all over again! Scary :)

jeangot

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2008, 02:40:51 am »
No. It's just that I didn't know how to get to the Freepbx admin while LMCE was not in manual mode. One it's in manual mode you have a link that you can just click on. Bookmark it, and use it when you;re back to automatic mode :-)
In the meantime I think I saw somewhere in top menus of the LMCE web admin a place where you can access the Freepbx admin, but I'm just using my bookmark :-)

Also if you;re lucky, switching back to automatic may not delete your trunk in freepbx, you may still have the info appearing there later. But either way, write it all down, take screenshots if needed :-)

It probably doesn't help you much if it works now, but you don't know how to make it work again in case of reinstall or upgrade... So it's probably worth trying to do it again from the beginning...

Good luck!

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2008, 01:18:46 pm »
No. It's just that I didn't know how to get to the Freepbx admin while LMCE was not in manual mode. One it's in manual mode you have a link that you can just click on. Bookmark it, and use it when you;re back to automatic mode :-)
In the meantime I think I saw somewhere in top menus of the LMCE web admin a place where you can access the Freepbx admin, but I'm just using my bookmark :-)

Advanced > Configuration > Phones setup
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous