Author Topic: Media Organisation  (Read 3401 times)

deffcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Media Organisation
« on: August 18, 2008, 10:40:00 am »
Hi All,

I have my media ( video, music , pictures ) stored on a 1 TB raid 5 config, linuxMCE automatically found this device to be stores in /mnt/device/** but i do not get the message in one of my orbiters to use the linuxmce structure just like when u add an second hdd.

So what i did was put some lines in /etc/exports run a exportfs -a and mounted my media from /mnt/device/**/Video to /home/public/data/videos, this really works because the lack of autodetection of the raid array on /mnt/device/**

BUT my problem now is that my media is being messed up, for example, i have a video file --> movie.iso under /home/public/videos/M/movie.iso ( Structure under videos / audio  is Alfabetical ( 0 to 9 and A to Z ) then i go to the pluto-admin website to resynchronize my media to the database, i reload my router ( is this neccessary? ) i go to videos in my orbiter and don't see any movie.iso, but an title of one of the songs in my audio directory ( 400 GB of audio ) ( /home/public/data/audio )( also Alphabetical ordered 0 to 9 and A to Z )

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
Re: Media Organisation
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 01:46:25 pm »
Hi All,

I have my media ( video, music , pictures ) stored on a 1 TB raid 5 config, linuxMCE automatically found this device to be stores in /mnt/device/** but i do not get the message in one of my orbiters to use the linuxmce structure just like when u add an second hdd.

So what i did was put some lines in /etc/exports run a exportfs -a and mounted my media from /mnt/device/**/Video to /home/public/data/videos, this really works because the lack of autodetection of the raid array on /mnt/device/**

BUT my problem now is that my media is being messed up, for example, i have a video file --> movie.iso under /home/public/videos/M/movie.iso ( Structure under videos / audio  is Alfabetical ( 0 to 9 and A to Z ) then i go to the pluto-admin website to resynchronize my media to the database, i reload my router ( is this neccessary? ) i go to videos in my orbiter and don't see any movie.iso, but an title of one of the songs in my audio directory ( 400 GB of audio ) ( /home/public/data/audio )( also Alphabetical ordered 0 to 9 and A to Z )

That is why you should let lmce manage the drives and never go messing around with mounting (or exporting) drives yourself. 
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

deffcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 02:24:56 pm »
Hi,

That is why you should let lmce manage the drives and never go messing around with mounting (or exporting) drives yourself. 

I really don't know what to do with this because i don't see my media if i don't mount manually, and i don't see the hdd detection message in my orbiters, can you be more specific with ' managing' And is this manually mounting my problem with the corrupt id3 tags?

Thanx,

Dave

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 02:50:14 pm »
deffcon

Simple statement: do not mount manually, it will screw your system.

If you have a problem with it not "detecting" your drive, you need to troubleshoot that. Mounting manually is addressing the symptom not the cause. There isn't enough info here to help you.... also, you mentioned corrupt id3 tags, but I can't see anything evidencing that...

I strongly suggest you take the drive out and rebuild your system from the DVD, clean (keep nothing). Then re-add the drive (assuming it is internal to the core)

You say that it is a RAID5, but from your post it would seem not to be the system drive. How did you create the RAID5? If you did not use the LMCE RAID subsystem you will have problems.

deffcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 03:32:26 pm »
Hi,

Sorry i have to be more clear about my configuration.

Asus p5k motherboard with quad core 2.4 ghz
160 gb hdd with linuxmce 0710 RC2 64 bit --> systemdisk

5 disk array esata ( Port Multiplier ) cabinet with softraid raid 5 with already media data on the device ( not configured by linuxmce, ) 1 TB

I had my linuxmce system reinstalled for the 3rd time now, and for the 3rd time it isn't being reconnized by linuxmce to have the choice
linuxmce directory structure or private or public in my orbiter. However it is being added to /mnt/device/** But my media isn't being added to the database  until i mount the directories manually. And about the id3 tags bei8ng corrupted and that my media is messed up is another thing but at this time i think it has to do with the fact that my directory structure on the raid device is in my music dir = A to Z and in Video = also A to Z.

If you need screenshots or some othe info to maybe help me out tell me please.

Dave

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 07:11:46 pm »
Can you find the files somewhere under the tree hierarchy of the web-admin's "Files & Media | Media Files Sync"?

The A-Z structure shouldn't make much difference, but how are the .id3 and media files messed up exactly?
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

deffcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 07:27:15 pm »
Hi,

I see the files under "Files & Media | Media Files Sync"? but under every directory let's say the directory "A" i see an A.id3 while there are a couple video files in there beginnning with the letter "A"
I synchronize the files when i downloaded or rip a dvd to my media library, another example : I have an movie.iso in "M" and i synchronize the media in "Files & Media | Media Files Sync"?
and only the video directory because its a movie ( movie.iso ) i go to my orbiter and see that movie.iso isn't there, so i search and search, and yes there it is because i can see the title in the right below ( filename ) but with an wrong title like an music title "Haddaway, what is love" so completly messed up, and i see music in my video grid in my orbiter and video in my audio grid in my orbiter, i completly confused.

Dave