Author Topic: mutli-head  (Read 2689 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
mutli-head
« on: January 29, 2006, 04:40:40 pm »
Hi,

How feasible would it be to add a second graphics card to a hybrid core/MD so that I can connect one to a projector/plasma/TV and another to a small wall mounted touch screen so that i do not have to use the TV to play a CD or mp3?

I'm looking at Myth on Gentoo as an alternative to Pluto home and I'm pretty sure that there I can configure a second instance of X with a separate xorg.conf and have two sessions of MythTV, can I do the same thing with Plutohome - even better could I run the Orbiter on one display and the MD display on the TV?

Thanks,

Alex

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: mutli-head
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 12:38:25 am »
Quote from: "amasidlover"
Hi,

How feasible would it be to add a second graphics card to a hybrid core/MD so that I can connect one to a projector/plasma/TV and another to a small wall mounted touch screen so that i do not have to use the TV to play a CD or mp3?

I'm looking at Myth on Gentoo as an alternative to Pluto home and I'm pretty sure that there I can configure a second instance of X with a separate xorg.conf and have two sessions of MythTV, can I do the same thing with Plutohome - even better could I run the Orbiter on one display and the MD display on the TV?

Thanks,

Alex

AFAIK, currently not possible, but would also like this feature. Core to output onscreen Orbiter to main TV and remote Orbiter to touch screen for remote control - without need for another MD......

HTH,

Regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
mutli-head
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 08:59:21 am »
Some reasearch would be needed for this case. None of us used a setup like this before. I think that, with some tweaking, another X session should be run on the second card. The tweaking goes about the resolution changing feature we currently have, which also opens another X for testing, and adapt it for multiple cards to avoid clashing.