Author Topic: screwed up and can't generate thumbnails for pictures.  (Read 2052 times)

skeptic

• Addicted
    • View Profile
screwed up and can't generate thumbnails for pictures.
« on: August 14, 2008, 11:08:12 pm »
In cleaning up, rearranging, and otherwise messing with my pictures like I shouldn't have, I lost all the thumbnails (.tnj files).  Adding new pictures to my pictures directory automatically generates the .tnj files, but no matter what I try I can't get thumbnails for the 700 or so pics that were already there.

I've tried moving the jpg files out then back in, stopping/starting the UpdateMedia daemon, clicking update thumbnails, search tokens, resynchronize, removing the .id3 files (which get regenerated), and even running UpdateMedia by hand (no idea if this is ok or a bad idea).  The only thing I can think of that I haven't done is rename the files.  I'm sure this would work, but then it would leave me with 700 or so db entries with no file.  Probably not a big deal to most, but I try to keep that clean and I'd end up spending god knows how long deleting them one at a time, clicking ok for each one, in the media files sync area of the web admin.

Can someone please tell me how to regenerate the .tnj thumbnail files either from within lmce or from a command line (not by copying the .jpg as .tnj)?