Author Topic: EVENTS BASED ON SUNRISE AND SUNSET???  (Read 3265 times)

leiba2652

• View Profile
EVENTS BASED ON SUNRISE AND SUNSET???
« on: August 13, 2008, 11:33:50 pm »
HI EVERYONE,
I was wondering if in the future we can include a way to set lights to go on at sunset (or to base an event on that info).

i think the way to do that would be to have a way to set a location, - perhaps based on the area code, and pull the sunrise/sunset info from the goverment websites.

if there's anyone interested in working on this i would be willing to work with them to implement such a feature....

thanks in advance

Joseph

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
Re: EVENTS BASED ON SUNRISE AND SUNSET???
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 11:40:33 pm »
You mean like the "Sunrise" and "Sunset" events on the "Wizard | Respond to Events" page in the web-admin?
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

leiba2652

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 11:56:58 pm »
no i mean that if i set an event where i can have the lights go on, and the curtains close (i'm not sure i can actually get something to do that) at sunset, and then have the curtains open at sunrise.

- and during the winter that would be much ealier than in the summer, so that info is obviously dependant on my location, and time of year

i played with LMCE a bit, but didn't see that feature.

i'm building a home, and would like to stick with LMCE for all my needs, so i was wondering how we can do that

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 12:21:43 am »
Dude, where he pointed is how you _DO_ that very feature.

Go to Wizard > Respond to Events

Select [Sunrise] or [Sunset] depending on which event you wish to trigger from, select [add]

You can use the lighting wizard for the features you described, once you create the event. For anything more advanced, use the Advanced Wizard to send the appropriate DCE commands to the right devices.

-Thom