Author Topic: Cant not pick Hybrid during setup  (Read 2437 times)

Malard

• View Profile
Cant not pick Hybrid during setup
« on: August 11, 2008, 11:32:12 pm »
Hi,

I have the LinuxMCE-DVD-0710Beta4-i386 i realise this isnt final, i am hoping i can upgrade but at the time when i downloaded it was the latest.

I have the following setup:

1 machine intended to be core, another intended to be purely a media player, i first put the dvd into the core machine it formatted the box and i followed Sarah through the walkthrough i said no to most things, as i dont have a tv card or any external devices, it just has lots of hard disk space. This box has 2 network cards and the routing works correctly.

Next i went downstairs and put the same dvd in on this machine (they are on the network and able to communicate correctly), This machine again has no additional devices except it is hooked upto my plasma, most of my kit sucks and lacks RS232 connectors so i've orded an IR transmitter and a dongle to communicate with my sky+ box.

Unlike the original machine which just drops to the dcerouter login, this machine stays with the media player interface with a blank screen, when i navigate to the advanced tab its listed as a Core/Hybrid, i dont want it to be another core box, am i doing something wrong?

My inital goal is to have all my movies on the core machine and then stream them to my tv downstairs!

Any help would be appreciated

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
Re: Cant not pick Hybrid during setup
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 01:02:12 am »
In a nutshell:
1. Get the 0710 final release (aka RC2) instead.
2. Dropping to the dcerouter prompt usually means that the proper display drivers aren't installed and/or configured properly.
3. Hook the second machine to the internal network (the "other" NIC) and set it to boot from the network in the bios.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

Malard

• View Profile
Re: Cant not pick Hybrid during setup
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 01:06:18 am »
Just want to say thanks, this has solved most of my problems :)