Author Topic: Failed getting activation data...  (Read 6471 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Failed getting activation data...
« on: March 09, 2005, 02:13:24 am »
Hi,

I have problems on Pluto installation (could be my mistake for configuring something wrong...).  

I have installed basic Debian Sarge system. Now Pluto installation begins and it asks me for device number and activation code. It then says that "Failed getting activation data. Server answer was:
ERROR. Something went terribly wrong while generating the activation script... Please contact Plutohome to solve this problem ...".

Also on installation page if I click to download "Auto install script" link returns to same page....

Any help ?

I also have some other questions:
- how to activate two ethernet cards setup (one facing home network, other facing ADSL modem with PPoE ) ?
- how is QOS achieved - within Pluto, 3rd party app ?
- where to get list of packages if I decide to try on Suse 9.2 (those initial problems with Debian Sarge has put me in situation to consider Suse too) some links to that list don't work....

Regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: Failed getting activation data...
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 10:41:18 am »
Quote from: "tinia"
Hi,

I have problems on Pluto installation (could be my mistake for configuring something wrong...).  

I have installed basic Debian Sarge system. Now Pluto installation begins and it asks me for device number and activation code. It then says that "Failed getting activation data. Server answer was:
ERROR. Something went terribly wrong while generating the activation script... Please contact Plutohome to solve this problem ...".

Also on installation page if I click to download "Auto install script" link returns to same page....

Any help ?

I also have some other questions:
- how to activate two ethernet cards setup (one facing home network, other facing ADSL modem with PPoE ) ?
- how is QOS achieved - within Pluto, 3rd party app ?
- where to get list of packages if I decide to try on Suse 9.2 (those initial problems with Debian Sarge has put me in situation to consider Suse too) some links to that list don't work....

Regards,

Rob.

Hi,

I've created more minimal installation and it works. So I guess I've put it in some devices in first installation that cause problems..

Regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2005, 02:44:42 pm »
That 'failed getting activation data' should have been fixed.  Can you please email to radu.c at plutohome com with your device and activation code?  He'll confirm what was the error, and be sure it works.

It should automatically detect that you have 2 network cards and setup one for the internal and one for the external.  It appears there isn't an easy way to switch if it detects them in the wrong order.  I posted a bug report on this.

The QOS is handled automatically--you shouldn't have to do anything.  There's a qos script in /usr/pluto/bin

When you complete the installation, on step 8, is an advanced link to 'list packages that need to be installed'.  This will list all the debian packages.  If you put in a spreadsheet a list of the debian packages, and the Suse equivalents, as well a Suse veresion of the ConfirmDependencies_Debian.sh script, we can add support for Suse so that it does the installation automatically there too.  The same programmer, Radu, does all our bash scripts and can help you with it.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 01:43:33 pm »

That message is shown if the program that gives you the installation script fails. Normally it always succeeds (from an OS point of view). It only fails on segmentation fault.

Can you please give the the installation number or the device number you type in and fails with that message so I can trace it? DO NOT give me the activation code via the forum, since that is meant to be private. Just the device or installation number. Thanks.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 02:03:00 pm »
Quote from: "radu.c"

That message is shown if the program that gives you the installation script fails. Normally it always succeeds (from an OS point of view). It only fails on segmentation fault.

Can you please give the the installation number or the device number you type in and fails with that message so I can trace it? DO NOT give me the activation code via the forum, since that is meant to be private. Just the device or installation number. Thanks.

Installation number was 251. After problem I made installation 260 that I'm using now...

Regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
same problem
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2005, 01:11:27 am »
Hi
I tried installing hybrid. OS install went smoothly. But I get the same error message, "failed generating activation script, something went terribly wrong." I tried various configuration.

The device codes are, 13748,13830,13859

Please let me know how can I fix this.
Thanks.
SIVA

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2005, 09:59:28 am »
Hi,

Sorry about that.  We posted an 2.0.0.15 update last night and there was a problem with a database change that broke one of the scripts that wasn't included in the automatic propagation.

I fixed it now and it's working again.