I'm trying to sort out my MythTV setup and things keep getting messed up and I don't know why. At one point I had MythTV working fairly ok, my three sources (TV card, S-video, Firewire) had the correct Schedules Direct info, changing to a channel above 99 would switch the input to s-video and change the channel on my cable set top box (the only way to get channels above 99), and all seemed well. At one point I noticed my schedules had reverted to a previous bad config (long story but I've had to change what SD provider schedule goes with what input), but I got that cleared up. Fast forward to today, once again my provider schedule info is messed up, wrong providers for the various inputs. Ok fine, I figure whenever I do some task, be it reload the router, restart mythtvbackend, reboot the core, whatever it is that causes this, it updates my provider/source mapping. So now I re-run the setupwizard, redefine what providers go with what input, and now my provider schedule/input is all screwed up, 5 providers, not sure if anything is mapped right, whatever.
Instead of screwing with this more and possible screwing something up worse, PLEASE explain to me how I am supposed to map provider schedules to inputs. The wiki page I found basically just describes using the myth-setup from computing, but that setup gets fubar'd.