Author Topic: Can anyone view listings in MythWeb? (Solved)  (Read 2817 times)

jondecker76

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Can anyone view listings in MythWeb? (Solved)
« on: August 11, 2008, 11:59:16 am »
I'm looking for an easier way to schedule my recordings so I took a look at mythWeb this morning. Most links seem to work, however trying to view the listing always bombs out on me:

Code: [Select]
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/includes/programs.php on line 420

Is anyone else having this problem? Can you schedule recording directly from the listings (if it were working for me)?

« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 10:05:23 pm by jondecker76 »

seth

• Guru
  • A day w/o LinuxMCE is like a day w/o sunshine!
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone view listings in MythWeb?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 01:03:22 pm »
 :)
This is how I schedule all of my recordings, I only have to use mythtv's schedule bits to change from tuner 1 to tuner 2 or 3. Otherwise it is set up all through mythweb. I like having the ability of assigning cover arts to the recording schedule, so when they show up in the lmce video menu, they already have the appropriate cover art for the particular series. This cover art I obtain from the site http://thetvdb.com

So I have not seen this issue, and again, I use this interface almost always to schedule my recordings.

Here is a question, are you using it on a different machine, like I use my laptop, I have only done it like twice from an MD or from the core.

Hope you get it sorted.

Regards,

Seth
".....Because Once you've LinuxMCE'd....."
System stats located at my user page:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Seth

jondecker76

• Alumni
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 01:55:54 pm »
I've tried it directly from the core, a networked, a MD and just now from my computer at work and I get the same error. Its a server-side error so I'd imagine that I will get it no matter where I check from. Maybe when I get home tonight I will do a reboot and see if it works after that (today was the first time I've checked out mythweb)

jondecker76

• Alumni
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 02:39:17 pm »
did some searching and it appears to ba a common mythweb problem related to having more guide data than alloted php/htaccess memory. I run mythfilldatabase every day, so I always have 14 days worth of guide data, so I'm sure this is what is causing my problem.

When I get home tonight, I'll try editing both
/etc/mythtv/mythweb-htaccess and
/etc/apache2/sites-available/mythweb.conf

and increasing the memory limits to see if it fixes my problem.

jondecker76

• Alumni
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone view listings in MythWeb? (solved)
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 09:53:22 pm »
Ok, got everything figured out.

14 days of guide data for about 600 channels is a bit too much for the default 32MB php memory limit. To fix this, I opened
/etc/mythtv/mythweb-htaccess
then on line 88 changed
php_value memory_limit          32M
to
php_value memory_limit          64M

I now have no problems. Though with that amount of guide data mythweb is a little slow. But its a very nice interface for setting up automated recording.

jondecker76

• Alumni
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone view listings in MythWeb? (Solved)
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 10:48:58 pm »
on more change I had to make....

since increasing my memory allotment to 64MB, the execution time for the php scripts would time out more than half of the time (because of the 30 second default execution timeout). Therefore, I also had to change
/etc/php5/apache2/php.ini
line 267
max_execution_time = 30
to
max_execution_time = 60