Author Topic: Media Sub-Type fields clears when I move movies around  (Read 4907 times)

freymann

• Douchebag
  • Guru
    • View Profile
Media Sub-Type fields clears when I move movies around
« on: August 10, 2008, 05:37:59 pm »
If I have a movie in a folder, and then use Dolphin in the KDE Desktop on the core to move that movie (*.avi) and the .id3 file to a different folder, LMCE finds it in the new location and my attributes and cover art remain, except for the Media Sub-Type drop-down, which, in this case, would be set to "Movies".

I'm moving the movie around on an internal drive in the core.

I find I have to make a note of which movies I just moved and then go back into the webadmin and set the Media Sub-Type again for all the movies I moved.

Is that normal?

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
Re: Media Sub-Type fields clears when I move movies around
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 12:31:05 pm »
Next time try moving them with lmce.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

seth

• Guru
  • A day w/o LinuxMCE is like a day w/o sunshine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 01:16:34 pm »
 ;)
I use lmce to move videos around, and the only thing I noticed is that on dvd rips, it does not also move the keys.tar.gz file. I am not sure what role they play, but I always move them manually, and I have not had my media sub-types lost or changed. Perhaps in the next release those .gz files will be moved at the same time, but for now, it is a simple thing to quick mv them over to the new storage media.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Seth
".....Because Once you've LinuxMCE'd....."
System stats located at my user page:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Seth

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 01:31:43 pm »
 Zaerc - Does the structure when set to public non lmce structure have something to do with this?

Beats me, I always use the lmce structure.

;)
I use lmce to move videos around, and the only thing I noticed is that on dvd rips, it does not also move the keys.tar.gz file. I am not sure what role they play, but I always move them manually, and I have not had my media sub-types lost or changed. Perhaps in the next release those .gz files will be moved at the same time, but for now, it is a simple thing to quick mv them over to the new storage media.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Seth

Sounds like something that should be mantissed.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

seth

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 01:42:52 pm »

Sounds like something that should be mantissed.

Done!  :)

http://mantis.linuxmce.org/view.php?id=4304

Regards,

Seth

jondecker76

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 01:44:50 pm »
Seth - already fixed the .dvd.keys.tar.gz bugs  a while ago (when moving, renaming and deleting files - as well as masking them from media files sync and media browser

seth

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 01:57:03 pm »
 :)
So I guess it will be included on the next release. I just re-installed 710 rc2 x86 version, and the issue persists.

I have not built from source with this install. I will wait for the next release  ;D.

Regards,

Seth

freymann

• Douchebag
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 09:11:03 pm »
Next time try moving them with lmce.

So I just had 4 movies to move around, so I go to the web admin, Files and Media sync, navigate to the directory in the left column, and then click on the file in the right frame, then click on Move...

In the pop-up, I move around until my directory appears and click the choose destination button and the file is moved.

I do this for each one.

Then I go back to the Files and Media Sync and call up the file to see if the Media Sub-Type field stuck. Guess what? Nope.

So if I move them by hand or move them via LMCE, my media sub-type field still clears itself. Now that's a PITA ;-)

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 12:55:55 am »
;)

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Seth

FYI - the keys are the chapter info from dvd rips so you can move between chapters - dunno why this info can't be read off the DVD image tho like a normal dvd...