I would assume that this would have something to do with the Media Scenario setup and not the device setting, as I see it most of the devices -AV -rs232 use 95% the same command group settings, so you think it would affect more than just your Marantz Model.
Also does it do it with all media, I noticed you are testing an mp4 file in your code above. Did you try other ext types just too see.
Yep, with all media - its just that that mp4 happens to have audio right a the very beginning. Because it stops playback so quickly, the menus are still on screen so unless there is audio, you can't be sure it actually started playing at all!
Just throwing things out that I would look at.
In looking at the template why is the AV device check box not checked and the line states it is not an AV device. I am just asking as I do not know. I have seen other a/v device templates like this as well.
Dunno, Hari made the template, so I don't really want to screw with it unless he says so!
In the process incoming commands ruby script I see a process new Command_device_id -1001,XX,XX,XX The only reason I point this out is in your lines in your code Colin the number 1001 is there as well. Just wondering if they maybe related in some way.
hmmm.. not sure, but I think the 1001 in my output you are looking at is the stream ID. Guessing here from something Thom has said before, but I think that a media device doesn't just "play" the media based on the path/filename, I think the media plugin sends a message to another device (app server?) to create a "stream" which is essentially just a logical handle. Then that a command is sent to the device (xine wrapper) to play that stream. I am guessing that the idea here is to make the media mobile, so you can split or move the playback easily to other MDs? But in any case, the log seems to suggest that the stream is
being created successfully and passed on. But then the playback seems to contradict this saying that the stream is not initialised, and I guess the "aborting command" is the action that kills the playback. No idea if the "no running seekers" has any relevence...
One more thing - When you are in advanced - configuration - devices - core - Marantz. Click on your View entire log in the top right corner of the device screen on the right pane and see what if any errors are found and if it is compiling the code set properly - this is how I found my Denon problems.
Haven't got the device installed at the moment, as I can't use LMCE then! I'm sure I have already read through that log file, but I will reinstall the Marantz and take a look. Thanks!