Author Topic: bittorrent - no incoming connections (forwarded properly)  (Read 3032 times)

asplodzor

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
bittorrent - no incoming connections (forwarded properly)
« on: August 05, 2008, 11:52:32 pm »
Is anyone using a bittorrent client successfully on the core to download media directly into linuxmce? I've ran into two obstacles so far. 1) I cannot seem to get any incoming bittorrent connections using KTorrent at all. 2) When I try to sudo apt-get install another client, neither the default 'linuxmce' or the password I set at install work.

My setup currently looks like this:

External: Cable modem ==> WRT54G as router ==> core/hybrid on one jack, and a laptop that I'm using for debugging on another jack

Internal: core/hybrid ==> Motion Computing tablet used as an orbiter

I am familiar with port forwarding and understand that it's possible for an ISP to block IP ranges, but no amount of tweaking the WRT54G and KTorrent have allowed me anything incoming. All that I have been able to guess is that somehow KTorrent is listening on eth1 instead of eth0. Any ideas?

Edit: Ok, I found some information on resetting root password here http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Resetting_Account_Passwords , but I am doubting that I'll be able to get another client working until I figure out the no incoming connections issue.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 11:59:58 pm by asplodzor »

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: bittorrent - no incoming connections (forwarded properly)
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 12:19:50 am »
Why don't you forward to the external laptop instead and install Azureus/Vuze on it, and at least eliminate any ISP/cable/router/forwarding issues?

Also, I'm assuming, of course, that you have set a rule in your core's firewall to allow whichever port you are are using for bit torrent? Without that, you clearly won't get anything!

asplodzor

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 01:00:50 am »
That would appear to be the brainfart that I couldn't place my finger on... hahaha I hadn't even thought about a firewall. Do you control it from the core's admin site?

purps

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 01:32:24 pm »
Yes, under "network" and then "firewall rules" off the top of my head - sorry if this isn't exactly correct.
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps