Author Topic: Nokia n810 with Asterisk !!!Resolved!!!  (Read 6272 times)

ytuxedo002

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Nokia n810 with Asterisk !!!Resolved!!!
« on: August 02, 2008, 09:31:50 pm »
Does anybody know how to setup the SIP settings on the N810 in order for it to work with Asterisk??  I have been trying for several hours with no avail.  Internet doesn't seem to have anything on this topic either.  Any help is appriciated.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 11:55:24 pm by ytuxedo002 »

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Nokia n810 with Asterisk
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 09:52:33 pm »
The best place to look for this information, would be my Ekiga page on the wiki:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Ekiga

I recommend this page because it can be tailored to set up any generic softphone.

Basically, the username and password are both the extension number,
and the server you need to connect to, is 192.168.80.1

-Thom

ytuxedo002

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 09:59:57 pm »
Thanks for the reply, but i what i need is the n810 side of the instructions.   I've had an asterisk server for many years so i know how to set that side up...but i just can't seem to get the n810 to connect.  Any other ideas?

MarcoZan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 11:18:28 am »
Hi

i do NOT know Nokia tablets (n770, n800, n810), so I can only guess that they have the same VoIP client as others Nokia models.

If my assumption is correct you may have a look at this wiki page (http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Nokia_E65), where you can find step by step instructions about how to set up the VoIP client of a Nokia E65 to connect with Asterisk.

HTH
Marco

ytuxedo002

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Nokia n810 with Asterisk !!!!Resolved!!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 11:54:38 pm »
Well i followed some tutorial on the web for this and it had me make some SIP.config changes.  After deleting those settings and configuring like a regular sip phone it started to work..Now i can make calls to and from the N810....very sweet!!

Thanks for the help.

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 07:40:33 am »
Well i followed some tutorial on the web for this and it had me make some SIP.config changes.  After deleting those settings and configuring like a regular sip phone it started to work..Now i can make calls to and from the N810....very sweet!!

Thanks for the help.

Hi ytuxedo002. Good news! Especially as I was about to try the same thing and you've done all the leg work for me :-)

Can you guide me through how you set this up and what the "some tutorial" actually was?

Many Thx,
WR.

ytuxedo002

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 09:53:51 pm »

Thanks for the help.

Hi ytuxedo002. Good news! Especially as I was about to try the same thing and you've done all the leg work for me :-)

Can you guide me through how you set this up and what the "some tutorial" actually was?

Many Thx,
WR.

Well i must say that this post was a little deciving.  I did not configure the n810 through LinuxMCE "yet".  I configured it through my already working Asterisk server.  Now that said, maybe i can still help.  Try following the instructions on this page http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Ekiga

Here is what i did on the N810 end.

User name: (extension # you set up in *)@xx.xx.xx.xx (ip of your core)
password: same as above

In advanced settings.
Outgoing proxy: xx.xx.xx.xx(ip of core)
keep-alive: change to register

Authentication:
extension # in both boxes

Stun:
uncheck auto detect
stun server: xx.xx.xx.xx(ip of core)

Let me know if there is anything else i can help you with.

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 03:51:36 pm »

Thanks for the help.

Many Thx,
WR.

Well i must say that this post was a little deciving.  I did not configure the n810 through LinuxMCE "yet".  I configured it through my already working Asterisk server.  Now that said, maybe i can still help.  Try following the instructions on this page http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Ekiga

Here is what i did on the N810 end.

User name: (extension # you set up in *)@xx.xx.xx.xx (ip of your core)
password: same as above

In advanced settings.
Outgoing proxy: xx.xx.xx.xx(ip of core)
keep-alive: change to register

Authentication:
extension # in both boxes

Stun:
uncheck auto detect
stun server: xx.xx.xx.xx(ip of core)

Let me know if there is anything else i can help you with.

FWIW you can leave the Authentication settings on Advanced empty on the N810. Just tried this and it works via LMCE without it. I don't have a VOIP provider currently but I was able to call the Hybrid (extension 200 by default) without any problems.

Also - not sure if "keep-alive: change to register" is required. Worked fine for me as Auto. Other settings are as described above.

Cheers,
WR.