Author Topic: Need Help Getting files synched  (Read 1988 times)

usaf-lt-g

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Need Help Getting files synched
« on: August 01, 2008, 04:09:28 am »
Hey guys,

I'm trying to figure out how to get my Video / Audio / Picture Files from one of my PC's recognized and able to play on my MD in the living room. I'm not certain how this done.

Essentially, my setup is as follows:

Core sits in a server closet, where my cable box also sits (hooked via IR to the living room)
Living Room MD, is connected to Network, TV, A/V Receiver.

Office Computer is connected to the same network, IP of 192.168.80.252 and has a plethora of media files on it (MPGs, AVIs, Pictures, Music, etc.)... located on the G$ which is shared. This is a Windows box.

The core dected and added the windows shares for the Office Computer, as well as my laptop for some odd reason. However, I can't browse or search for any of the movies or anything when I'm in the MD.

Trying to figure out how I can do this... any suggestions?

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help Getting files synched
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 05:12:50 am »
Are you saying that you can browse/search for your media somewhere else - eg on the core/hybrid or another MD?

In other words, have you any evidence at all that we ever got any further than just adding the shares?

No:

Then logon to the web admin and look in the media file sync menu - navigate to your media folders on that web page and determine if they are sync'd into the LMCE media database (big tick mark means sync'd, drive icon next to each file means not sync'd)

Until the media is sync'd into your database there is no way of viewing/playing the media - troubleshoot that first

other points:

check the online tick box is ticked and stays ticked in each share config page
make sure your PC is in the linuxmce Workgroup (just makes browsing easier on the Windows side)
if it didn't ask for a login and password when you added the shares, provide those details for both the server and share object in the web admin
if it did ask for those details, triple check they are exactly correct - turn on Windows security event logging if necessary to confirm that the core is successfully authenticating
if the tick box won't stay ticked, change the filesystem type parameter from cifs to smbfs (particularly relevant if you are using 710 b3 as I note from another of your posts!)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 05:17:45 am by colinjones »