Author Topic: DVD sound and Remote access  (Read 1765 times)

lmwashere

• Veteran
    • View Profile
DVD sound and Remote access
« on: July 31, 2008, 04:56:29 am »
I am attempting to install and configure LinuxMCE and am having trouble with DVD sound. I have competed the install and configuration for the SPDIF integrated into the ASUS P5W DH Deluxe motherboard. When I plug this into my home theater receiver which decodes DTS and dolby sound, the sound from MP3s and pretty much everything else works. The problem is that there is no sound from any DVD or DVD ripped to the HDD. If I reconfigure the OS to output sound through the analog speaker ports, it works fine and all of the sound plays. I have read in various places that there has been some difficulty with SPDIF outputs on some soundcards however the Realtek ALC882M is not mentioned anywhere. I was wondering if there is anyone else who has had similar problems and if so, what did you do to fix it? I am also pretty new to linux so I might need it broken down Barney style.

I am also having trouble with the remote access/assistance feature. I have enabled it in KDE and in the MCE environment with no luck. I have also attempted to run tightvnc server and connect using the client software on another PC with the same results. I am only concerned with connecting from inside my network for now.

Any help that someone may be able to provide would be very much appreciated!