Author Topic: WAYNE-DALTON Z-WAVE® THERMOSTAT  (Read 52127 times)

nightcanton

• View Profile
Re: WAYNE-DALTON Z-WAVE® THERMOSTAT
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2011, 10:42:42 pm »
I followed the steps in the wiki.  But I can't seem to even figure out if it is installed correctly.   Even when I go to the admin page I don't really see any way to setup the thermostat.

I took 2 screenshots and can take more if needed.  I would greatly appreciate the help.

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2011, 02:03:06 pm »
I followed the steps in the wiki.  But I can't seem to even figure out if it is installed correctly. 
the screenshots look ok. What exactly is your problem?

br Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

nightcanton

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2011, 12:23:08 am »
So are you saying based on the screen shots the MCV dongle looks to be installed?

If so, then my next question is to actually connect the thermostat and configure it.

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2011, 06:56:25 pm »
So are you saying based on the screen shots the MCV dongle looks to be installed?

If so, then my next question is to actually connect the thermostat and configure it.
it is already connected (device #44). Regarding configuration please consult the manual of the device.

br Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

nightcanton

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2011, 11:16:40 pm »
So I got it connected.  Both the Zwave mcv dongle and the thermostat are installed and paired. (The Zwave symbol on the wayne dalton themostat is blinking.)

Now I'm trying to change the scenarios but no matter what I don't see a change in the thermostat itself.  Thoughts on the picture?

blackoper

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2011, 04:10:41 pm »
so it appears the InTouch CA8900 is the same exact model as the wayne-dalton WDTC-20 but with the much lower price of $45 at some retailers. Looks exactly the same except for the rebranding. I may pick one up

tkmedia

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • LMCECompatible
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2011, 06:10:18 pm »
so it appears the InTouch CA8900 is the same exact model as the wayne-dalton WDTC-20 but with the much lower price of $45 at some retailers. Looks exactly the same except for the rebranding. I may pick one up

Not sure if this one has the same defect of killing batteries as the WDTC-20 which has been discontinued due to that fact.

Tim
My Setup http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Tkmedia

For LinuxMce compatible  systems and accessories
http://lmcecompatible.com/

blackoper

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2011, 05:09:32 pm »
Not sure if this one has the same defect of killing batteries as the WDTC-20 which has been discontinued due to that fact.

Tim

It was only killing batteries before i could hook up the 24vac connection to it. Now that I've got the power to it, it isn't even using batteries. If the power goes out it goes through batteries about every two days.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2011, 05:29:56 pm »
It was only killing batteries before i could hook up the 24vac connection to it. Now that I've got the power to it, it isn't even using batteries.

I wonder how much energy it uses over the course of a year.

Newguy2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2011, 06:09:01 pm »
So I got it connected.  Both the Zwave mcv dongle and the thermostat are installed and paired. (The Zwave symbol on the wayne dalton themostat is blinking.)

Now I'm trying to change the scenarios but no matter what I don't see a change in the thermostat itself.  Thoughts on the picture?

Go to Advanced=>Configuration. Scroll down to scenario commands. Go to device=>select Standard Thermostat=>click add.  next to standard thermostat=>set temperature.  put the desired C° Temperature in "the Value To Assign (string) box".   If your thermostat is set to read F°, just put the C° equivalent in the "Value To Assign (string) box.  Do a quick reload router and reload orbiters. 

blackoper

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2011, 06:46:19 pm »
I wonder how much energy it uses over the course of a year.

with two 2900 mAh batter at 1.5 volts, it last around two days. Each AA battery provides 4.35 watts total so that gives us 4.35 watts per day. Divide by 24 to get watt hour and that would be .18 watts/hr. Total comes out to about 1.58 KWH a year. For me that costs a total of .10 cents yearly

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2011, 07:36:06 pm »
That calculation expects 100% effectivity from the PSU.

blackoper

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2011, 04:07:55 pm »
That calculation expects 100% effectivity from the PSU.

Ok we will assume 50% effieciency... .20 cents a year  :D

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2012, 11:43:37 pm »
Sorry for digging up this old thread, but a few Qs:

1) did +/- relative adjustments ever get implemented? it doesn't work on my unit, so I assume not, but I also don't see a trac ticket.

2) Is there an event that triggers correctly when measured temperature changes? I see one in the advanced event editor, but it never  triggers.

3) Is there a console command (MessageSend?) which will return the current thermostat measured temperature?

4) Is there a console command (MessageSend?) which will return the current thermostat set-temperature?

I'd like write a script to poll these values and log my furnace's duty cycle.