Author Topic: WAYNE-DALTON Z-WAVE® THERMOSTAT  (Read 52048 times)

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
Re: WAYNE-DALTON Z-WAVE® THERMOSTAT
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2009, 09:28:20 am »
you are sending "set level" instead of "set temperature".

br, Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

ccoudsi

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2009, 06:09:29 am »
Hari,
Here's the problem if you create a scenario using \Webadmin\Wizard\Scenarios you get the problem I had, if you click on the left side "Show devices tree" then click on "my scenarios" then create a climate scenario then it will be Ok, I attached 2 screenshots to explain what I'm talking about
Cheers |[BEER]
Charlie,

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2009, 11:03:17 am »
so the wizard messes the scenario? And you had to create it manually? /me confused..

ccoudsi

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2009, 05:07:11 pm »
That's correct, the wizard uses the "set level" command instead "set temperature"
Cheers |[BEER]
Charlie,

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2009, 06:08:24 pm »
ouch, good to know. can you please add a trac ticket.

br, hari

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2009, 10:21:03 pm »
i wasnt aware the wizard created anything... I did mine manually in web admin.
-Krys

Murdock

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2009, 04:17:44 am »
Thank you for the information, I've been looking at this as well for purchase.

rocketlynx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2009, 11:56:59 pm »
I'm now on a clean 810 Alpha2.29 Core.  My Tricklestar Z-Wave is up and running.  I have two Wayne-Dalton Thermostats ready to install.  The question is:  Does the W-D thermostat work correctly in the Fahrenheit mode yet?  If not, is it a template, config or a driver problem and what can I do to help?

I can't use it in the celcius mode because, although I could adjust to it, the rest of the household would go bonkers.

Thanks and let me know what needs to be done so I may help if I can.

Regards,
Charles

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2009, 09:40:37 am »
the set-temperature command would need another parameter for the used unit. The z-wave code (and other interface devices) could then handle it.

br, Hari

rocketlynx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2009, 06:06:55 pm »
the set-temperature command would need another parameter for the used unit. The z-wave code (and other interface devices) could then handle it.

br, Hari

Hari, thanks for getting back to me so quickly.  

Before I go into my other questions regarding fahrenheit, is the Wayne-Dalton Z-Wave Thermostat fully functional in the Celsius mode using a Tricklestar USB dongle?  If not known, I'll be glad to test it further by changing it from the present fahrenheit, standalone mode to the Celsius mode, including it in my LinuxMCE Tricklestar mesh.  In reading the forum trail, the info kinda died, without really confirming for sure that all of the bugs were out for Celsius and I'm not sure what Z-wave dongle it was being installed with.  I guessed it might have been the MCV.

On the previous topic about fahrenheit, when you say another parameter, is this more source code, a fahrenheit routine per say, that needs to be added to the driver or is it already built in and just needs template structure reworked to be able to accept this farhenheit option in the template configuration and then pass it to the driver?

In other words, is this further driver development, template development or just testing with different parameters?  I've done programming in the past and would be willing to set up the proper programming environment for LinuxMCE if I could contribute more than just using/testing and just giving feedback.  There's enough of us doing that already and expecting a few of you to fix everything for everyone.

Thanks again,
Charles

« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 06:59:24 pm by rocketlynx »

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2009, 06:27:15 pm »
the dongle/remote does not matter, and we should be able to fix any glitches fairly quick.

br, Hari

rocketlynx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2009, 07:23:20 pm »
the dongle/remote does not matter, and we should be able to fix any glitches fairly quick.

br, Hari

Thanks Hari, off to the hospital, a friend is having 2 operations today.  I will be installing this pm.

Best Regards,
Charles

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2009, 09:46:10 pm »
Rocketlynx:
There are many of us who now own this thermostat and I believe most of us are interested in the Farenheit conversion. I for one would be willing to chip in to send one of these units to a dev to have the work done the correct way so that the thermostat would be fully functional ie: works in both F and C and allows the user to see the current temp from the orbiter and (+,-) one degree and set a specific temp.

At one point Hari and I had worked out a recipient for this deal and he agreed to do the coding if we sent that person a thermostat for testing (unfortunately that person doesn't have central heat and air). So what I recommend is if Hari is still willing, would be to buy a test unit send it to whoever Hari selects and let him do the work since he is the expert in this field.

Hari: let us know if you are still interested and if the conditions are agreeable

Anyone who has this thermostat: state if you would be interested in donating to see this thing fully functional.

-Krys

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2009, 01:21:23 pm »
I don't care where it is installed when I can get SSH access to the core..

br, hari

rocketlynx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2009, 01:47:59 pm »
I don't care where it is installed when I can get SSH access to the core..

br, hari
OK Hari, You got it.  Just tell me how soon you want it and I'll make sure you can SSH in.

Never doing this before for LinuxMCE, I presume you need my external IP, and also, my main password, I guess.

Tell me what ports or port range I open up and forward to my Core's internal IP assigned by my external router.  I can do that ASAP (I've done port forwarding in the past but I'm not sure what ports I need for LinuxMCE's Core).  And lastly, is this just TCP or UDP or both?

If you contact me at my LinuxMCE personal message email address, I'll get the email on my Blackberry ASAP so there won't be any delay in communucating with each other.

Thanks again and Best Regards,
Charles
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 02:14:35 pm by rocketlynx »