Author Topic: Channels in mythtv don't match schedule direct listings  (Read 2504 times)

Afkpuz

• Guru
    • View Profile
Channels in mythtv don't match schedule direct listings
« on: July 17, 2008, 10:38:09 pm »
The first time I set up mythtv with my haupauge pvr150, all the channels scanned correctly and the listings from schedules direct corresponded accordingly.  Now, I think because mythfilldatabase ran automatically over night, the channel listings don't match up.  Example: channel 6 should be ABC.  schedules direct however is showing the listings for channel 2 instead.  So, mythtv records the wrong channel, but labels it as the correct show.  So, when I try to watch seinfeld, the recording is acutally of the wrong channel.  Any idea how to fix this?  I'm not sure, but I think it has something to do with the automatic mythfilldatabase that happens at night.

freymann

• Douchebag
  • Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Channels in mythtv don't match schedule direct listings
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 11:03:58 pm »
The first time I set up mythtv with my haupauge pvr150, all the channels scanned correctly and the listings from schedules direct corresponded accordingly.  Now, I think because mythfilldatabase ran automatically over night, the channel listings don't match up.  Example: channel 6 should be ABC.  schedules direct however is showing the listings for channel 2 instead.  So, mythtv records the wrong channel, but labels it as the correct show. 

With my PVR-150 I didn't use the "scan for channels" button at all. I simply attached my schedules direct account to it and let it find the channels from there.

If I was you, I'd go back and delete the sources and recreate them. Maybe even go so far as to delete the sources, inputs and tuner cards, in that order.

Then rebuild.

I can't remember the screen, but I think you can have it find the channels from the schedule direct file. Use that one, instead of scanning the tuner card.

Afkpuz

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Channels in mythtv don't match schedule direct listings
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 11:19:31 pm »
ok, I'll give it a try. thanks