Author Topic: Does RC1 or 2 still have problems with Myth Locking up?  (Read 3168 times)

fearingsept

• Guru
    • View Profile
Does RC1 or 2 still have problems with Myth Locking up?
« on: July 17, 2008, 04:09:33 pm »
I installed my first MD last night. I noticed that my myth tv locked up again like it used to on my hybrid/core. I thought this issue was fixed. I can't remember if I installed RC 1 or RC 2. If I upgrade to RC 2 Using the dvd installer will this fix my problem or do I have to fix it by hand again.
If I have to make the changes my self does anyone have a link to the instructions handy? I can most likely find them but if you know where they are off hand that would be helpful.

Core: Broken :(

seth

• Guru
  • A day w/o LinuxMCE is like a day w/o sunshine!
    • View Profile
Re: Does RC1 or 2 still have problems with Myth Locking up?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 05:11:55 pm »
 :)
Best I can tell the fixes are included in both. I am running the 4/15 build, which was mostly the last before the RC1 release, and I am not having issues on any of my MD's.

Perhaps look at your logs. Maybe there is another issue.

Regards,

Seth
".....Because Once you've LinuxMCE'd....."
System stats located at my user page:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Seth

fearingsept

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 05:44:35 pm »
I will check my logs and see what is going on there.
Thanks.

Do you know if there are any issues right now with having my core as a 64 bit system and my MD's 32bit?
I remember at some point reading that there were some past issues related to that but I those had been fixed as well. I just want to make sure this isn't related somehow.

seth

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 05:51:48 pm »
Do you mean installing the AMD64 version on the core or using the x86 version on an AMD64 core. I asked a while back about which method was recommended, and everyone leaned towards installing x86 on my x86_64 core, as people were experiencing issues running the x86_64 version of LMCE. But other than that I do not know. I decided to stay with x86 for everytyhing.

Regards,

Seth

fearingsept

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 06:08:57 pm »
My core has amd 64bit duel core 3800 processor. So I installed the 64 bit version of LMCE on it. But my MD's are all using 32 bit single core processors. One AMD 2800 the other an Intel Celeron 2.6 ghz processor. These are older systems that I have acquired and turned in to MD's. I have the AMD 2800 working and haven't gotten around to the other yet.

jondecker76

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 06:13:14 pm »
If you are having a hard lockup (see if you can ssh to the core when it freezes), then its most definitely a hardware issue

If you appear to be hard locked, but can still SSH in, then it might be something with your configuration.

This is something I have to start troubleshooting as well, my mythTV freezes without fail within 4-5 hours of use (often even sooner).

seth

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 06:17:57 pm »
 ;)
Using 32 bit 710 build 4/15, I have not experienced lock ups. Not since beta3. And my wife and kids have mythtv running all day long. Literally. So maybe it is something to do with the 64bit version.

Regards,

Seth

fearingsept

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 06:20:23 pm »
If you are having a hard lockup (see if you can ssh to the core when it freezes), then its most definitely a hardware issue

If you appear to be hard locked, but can still SSH in, then it might be something with your configuration.

This is something I have to start troubleshooting as well, my mythTV freezes without fail within 4-5 hours of use (often even sooner).

Yeah My myth locked up with in the first 60 seconds.
But I was able to restart the MD and watch pre-recorded shows and ripped DVD's.
So I know it has to be Myth Specific.

fearingsept

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 05:25:14 pm »
So, I accidentally resolved my problem.
Over this last weekend I finally installed my core into my home network.  I drilled holes and ran cables and added electrical to my closet. Well I forgot to run my cable tv feed to my core, and I was not about to go back into my attic again. It is rather hot up there this time of year in phoenix.

So short story long,... I moved my tuner card to the MD that was freezing up. It works fine now. I was able to still watch tv on the hybrid core in my closet too. Not that I will but I figured I would use that to test it.

I know that is not a real solution.. but I am working again, so maybe if anyone has multiple MD's they may want to try moving their tuner to see if it resolves their problem.