Author Topic: Has anyone tried ASUS M3N78-VM  (Read 31659 times)

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone tried ASUS M3N78-VM
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2008, 03:16:37 pm »
dave - are you posting in the right thread? The original question was about dual monitors, and I was just pointing out that LMCE's interface isn't setup to use them, plus the guy was talking about Ubuntu which we don't use any more for LMCE.... your post looks like you thought you were posting in a different thread....

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2008, 08:22:37 pm »
If you can run Kubuntu-8.04 without problems, you might want to try this experimental release: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Hardy-iglu although it probably won't give you a fully functional system just yet.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2008, 12:35:20 am »
Colin,

Yep! I read that part as well. If you read this whole thread there are quite a few other issues not relating to LMCE and this mainboard as well. I was in my post just trying to say what I have done or not done with this board for people using this with LMCE or something else.

My point about searching on google is when you search google about this mainboard and anything LINUX related, seems to point to this forum for discussion. I did not mean to h/j the dual monitor reply at all, just trying to say that all points linux with this mainboard related lead back to the LMCE forum.

rgds,

Dave

Sorry Dave, my bad - I didn't look closely enough at the top of the page, at first I thought lukis100's post what the first in the thread!

danielmayer

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2008, 10:36:47 am »
I just installed kubuntu 8.04.1 on the board w/o extra graphics.
First boot doesn't give X, I had to boot in the service mode and install build-essentials and the nvidia-driver (177.80).
After that, X starts up fine, detecting the monitors resolution correctly (1280x1024), and uses the 3D-openGL-screens.
I agree that the desktop stutters sometimes and doesn't feel smoothly.
I'll try the LMCE-betas, thanks for the link.
DM
Server: Ubuntu 10.04A2, 1xL5520 on Asus Z8-PED12X, 12GB, 300GB U320Raid0, 8TB HDDs@Adaptec 2820SA + 8TB@Perc 5/E. LMCE via KVM (running); other VMs;
Workstation: W7x64, 2xOpteron 2376, 24GB, 146 GB-SSD-Raid0, ATI 4850
MD: Asrock nv630i, 2GB