Author Topic: sqlCVS web admin is now fixed!  (Read 8118 times)

jondecker76

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
sqlCVS web admin is now fixed!
« on: July 12, 2008, 04:15:56 pm »
I'm finished with updates to the sqlCVS web admin. The sqlCVS Diff, sqlCVS Update and sqlCVS Checkin pages have all been reworked, and bugs fixed. Checkboxes are now considered as they should be, and a sqlCVS maskfile is properly generated. Also, a new area to enter comments (relation to Mantis ticket numbers, etc) to be sent with checkins.
I have spent several hours testing it with no problems.

(One remaining bug, which I haven't looked into yet, is when you switch the database to the mythTV database, it generates an SQL error. It looks like a permissions problem, but I haven't looked at it yet)

I just committed the changes, so if anyone wants to start using it, run an svn update, then replace the following files in /var/www/pluto-admin with the updated files in ~/charon-merge/web/pluto-admin:
/operations/sqlCVS/sqlcvs_diff.php
/operations/sqlCVS/sqlcvs_checkin.php
/operations/sqlCVS/sqlcvs_update.php
/languages/en/sqlcvs.lang.php

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
Re: sqlCVS web admin is now fixed!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 11:51:32 pm »
Nice work jondecker76.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

bulek

• Administrator
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 11:56:33 am »
Hi,

thanks for great work. I'd kindly ask if someone from developers can give us more info if we can enter into sqlcvs our contributions....

I've made several templates with ruby code (ESS multizone speaker selector, MArantz receiver in Multiroom mode, several fixes to common templates for floorplan,etc...). Can I work with some developer to get those contributions into main database ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

williammanda

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 04:51:55 pm »
I'm not real sure how to update? Could you be more specific? Do I need this update?
Thanks

jondecker76

• Alumni
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 09:24:34 pm »
Bulek:

Once you apply the fixes to the web admin, you can use the web admin to checkin your changes to sqlCVS. You can still do it with the commandline without the fixes, but the point of the web admin is to make it easier.

If you want to checkin your changes to sqlCVS with the web admin (Assuming you've applied the fix):
1) Create a mantis ticket for the inclusion of your device. Write down your mantis ticket number
2) Open the web admin sqlCVS>Diff page
3) Check all for dce and ir repositories, and hit next
4) you will be presented with a list of differences between your local database and the master. You have to put checkmarks on the ones that apply (this takes some research). For example, you may have several devices with their own IR codes. You have to only check those that apply to a single device. Once you have checked all changes that belong to that device, enter into the comments on the bottom something like "Mantis ticket#XXXX, add device My_Device"
5)Hit the checkin button
6)When it is finished, go to www.linuxmce.org/sqlCVS
7)go to View Batches
8)You will see your batch numbers on top of the page. Write down the negative batch numbers, go back to the mantis page, and create a note listing your batch numbers

Again, you don't have to do this via the web admin, you can follow the instructions here http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/LinuxMCEsqlCVScommitProcedure. But doing it through the web admin is very convenient.

Williammanda: No you don't need this update. This is for people that want to create device templates for others to use

domotiqa.com

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • home automation
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 09:57:17 am »
look's great,
if developper's tools start to be easier to use, sound's good
thanks
http://www.domotiqa.com - home automation

PeteK

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 07:39:31 am »
jondecker76--

I committed some changes today via the webadmin, and for some reason, it assigned me two batch numbers (-88, -89).  Looking through the batch log, it looks like several of the latest checkins are doing this.  My previous checkins via the command line only generated one negative batch number.  Any idea why this might be?

Thanks,
-PeteK

jondecker76

• Alumni
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 02:11:15 pm »
The batches are assigned by sqlCVS depending on a few factors and what kind of modifications have been made. Sometimes you will only have one, sometimes you will have multiples. I've had multiple batch numbers while using sqlCVS from the command line as well. This is normal

PeteK

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 03:07:16 pm »
Are you saying I can have multiple batch numbers for a batch commit to a single repository? (i.e. dce changes only)

jondecker76

• Alumni
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 05:27:28 pm »
I asked the same question not to long ago and was told that yes it can happen and not to worry about it. I had the same thing (2 batch numbers) when checking in changes to the CM11A device template, in which I only changed the "Controlled Via Category" field.

Also, the new sqlCVS web admin now writes to the usr/log/pluto/WebExecLog.log file (I think that was the file name), so if you are curious to see the sqlCVS command that was run from your checkin from the web admin, just look at this log and it will show you the exact command used. I have been watching this log during testing and the sqlCVS command string was always as expected. Please look at this log and let me know if anything seems abnormal about the command sent, but I'm thinking you should find that the command will be as expected.

bulek

• Administrator
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 09:40:43 pm »
I'm finished with updates to the sqlCVS web admin. The sqlCVS Diff, sqlCVS Update and sqlCVS Checkin pages have all been reworked, and bugs fixed. Checkboxes are now considered as they should be, and a sqlCVS maskfile is properly generated. Also, a new area to enter comments (relation to Mantis ticket numbers, etc) to be sent with checkins.
I have spent several hours testing it with no problems.

(One remaining bug, which I haven't looked into yet, is when you switch the database to the mythTV database, it generates an SQL error. It looks like a permissions problem, but I haven't looked at it yet)

I just committed the changes, so if anyone wants to start using it, run an svn update, then replace the following files in /var/www/pluto-admin with the updated files in ~/charon-merge/web/pluto-admin:
/operations/sqlCVS/sqlcvs_diff.php
/operations/sqlCVS/sqlcvs_checkin.php
/operations/sqlCVS/sqlcvs_update.php
/languages/en/sqlcvs.lang.php

Hi,

I'm about to enter sqlcvs adventure... Can someone just please point me to instructions from where to pull svn sources... I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but wiki search doesn't return anything on "svn" (I really don't understand, why I cannot do any decent search in Wiki - it doesn't return any useful hits even for pages I know they exist).....

Update: Is this the latest howto ? http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Building_From_Source
There are also two repositories frequently mentioned... Which one is right ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 09:47:08 pm by bulek »
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

freymann

• Douchebag
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 09:44:34 pm »
I'm about to enter sqlcvs adventure... Can someone just please point me to instructions from where to pull svn sources... I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but wiki search doesn't return anything on "svn" (I really don't understand, why I cannot do any decent search in Wiki - it doesn't return any useful hits even for pages I know they exist).....

I think is what you need:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Setting_Up_A_Development_Environment

jondecker76

• Alumni
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 11:23:29 pm »
yes, freymann is correct in his link to the Dev Environment instructions