Author Topic: Vista-15P  (Read 3658 times)

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
Vista-15P
« on: July 11, 2008, 05:23:25 pm »
I have a Vista-15P alarm panel with a VistICM adapter installed, I know this device is not on the supported hardware, but I think someone must have written a GSD plug-in for it because I re-ran the setup wizard in LMCE the other day and it automatically detected my Vista-15P panel and added it as a device, but it displayed a message that it was not monitoring any devices or something to that effect.  I'm curious as to what I need to do to complete the setup of this as it is in fact installed and working.  So my question is really when using any type of external panel, what configuration settings need to be done in LMCE to get it fully working?  Mainly what I'm interested in getting done is being able to control the panel from LMCE as if it were one of my security screens I would normally use to arm/disarm, etc. the system.  I also want to get LMCE to see the status of the security panel (ie. armed, disarmed, triggered, etc. so that I can create scenarios as demod in the 704 video).  I hope this makes sense, if anyone can help point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it.

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Vista-15P
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 07:35:54 am »
Okay I think I'm starting to get a handle on this stuff, my alarm panel is detected and I figured out how to add the sensors connected to my panel so that part is setup and I think ready to go.  I am stuck on how I change the pin for LMCE security though?  I need to change it to be the same as for my security panel, but I don't see anywhere to do this.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 07:48:50 am »
the pin is actually per-user. so set the pin for your user to be the same as the security panel. look in wizard -> users

-Thom

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 08:11:03 am »
Thanks, found it there...never would have thought to look in there.  The bad news is it still doesn't seem to be controlling my panel so I'll have to re-visit this again, but I have another question now that I know where the pin is set.  My panel and I assume many others use different codes to set different modes for example:

1234 - Disarm
1235 - Arm
1236 - Away
1237 - Stay
1238 - Police
1239 - Medical

Is there some method to handle cases like this where I assume I would need to setup multiple pins?

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 09:06:03 am »
looks like you'll need to do some gsd driver coding....

of course, i really don't get why people use those security panels, when you can just hook up the sensors and contacts to linuxmce directly with an interface like the gc-100.....

-Thom

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 03:19:34 pm »
I can't figure out what direction I should be taking on this and I'm hoping someone who's more familiar with this kind of thing can point me in the right direction.  The ICM module I have connects to my panel exactly like a keypad would, you have to address it through the web interface for the module so the alarm panel will actually see the ICM as a keypad.  I was able to capture the URL's that are used by the ICM to trigger it to then send the appropriate ECM message to the alarm panel.  From this it looks like I should be able to just map it so when the numbers on the keypad in LMCE's GUI are pressed it attempts to connect to the appropriate URL and then triggers the ICM to talk to the Panel.  There is also a log of the panels activity on the ICM I'm thinking I could somehow parse the states out of.  The disadvantage I see here is that I wouldn't be able to talk to the sensors connected to the panel at all.  Is there some way around this problem anyone is aware of?