Author Topic: Asterisk and PSTN only  (Read 2912 times)

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
Asterisk and PSTN only
« on: July 05, 2008, 09:40:15 pm »
I'm having trouble getting this working I have an X100P card from Digium, but I can't seem to get it working properly.  I am pretty sure I have this thing setup properly and have attempted to follow a dozen tutorials, but none of them seem to be quite the same as what I've got.  I just want to get this thing where it will answer and make calls from just one box for now, but all these tutorials I see are way more complex.  I try to make a call and I get "All circuits are busy now"  I've done some research and it seems this can be caused by an infinite amount of things, can someone please help, I really don't even know where to start explaining where I'm lost at.

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Asterisk and PSTN only
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 11:19:58 am »
I'm having trouble getting this working I have an X100P card from Digium, but I can't seem to get it working properly.  I am pretty sure I have this thing setup properly and have attempted to follow a dozen tutorials, but none of them seem to be quite the same as what I've got.  I just want to get this thing where it will answer and make calls from just one box for now, but all these tutorials I see are way more complex.  I try to make a call and I get "All circuits are busy now"  I've done some research and it seems this can be caused by an infinite amount of things, can someone please help, I really don't even know where to start explaining where I'm lost at.

Ok, I will help you, but I don't know how to  :) . If you don't describe your problems a bit deeper then we can only tell you few positive words.

Anyway, Asterisk does all the telephony work under LMCE. So currently you'll need to learn more about Asterisk. Then next step would be to explore Asterisk setup under LMCE and then analyze Asterisk logs when your problems happen. But basically you can search for info about Asterisk and your "wanna make" setup and you'll be able to do the same under LMCE...

In my setup I use Sipura 3xxx to cover connection to PSTN lines and it seems not so hard to setup ( a lot of info out there).... if I remember right, PSTN cards have always been pain in the as... for Asterisk - but I'm not sure on this one...

HTH,

regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 06:29:07 pm »
Okay, I did some more work with this last night and was finally able to get my card working and I can dial out and receive calls normally now.  I will be doing a write up on how I was able to do this as some things were left out from every tutorial I read so I pieced together some tweaks from various places to get it working.  I do have one small problem though, if I dial *97 to access my voicemail from my LMCE box, I cannot do anything from there because any keypresses once answered don't register.  Am I missing something simple here?  I have the same problem when using my Iphone connected to my asterisk box...

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 02:18:01 pm »
I got a little further with this last night, but I've got some major issues still rendering the phones unusable through asterisk.  I now have two extensions setup, my main LMCE box and my iphone.  I am able to dial out on both lines and when dialing in I have it setup to go to an IVR so the caller can select who they are calling for.  If they select my LMCE box the call will go through as normal, but if they select the iphone they get a busy tone.  I watched the debugger and it does appear that asterisk is routing the calls appropriately so I'm a little confused on this one.  The interesting thing is that I am able to dial between the two extensions internally and the calls will go through normally.  When I setup the iphone I did it directly in the freepbx admin pages, do I need to do it through the LMCE admin pages instead?  It's almost like the phone has not registered appropriately.  The other issue I'm having is audio both in and out is sketchy at best, the volume falls out and comes back every second or two and is very low.  I've found some settings to adjust some of these things and I'm thinking I should be looking at zaptel.conf for these settings because it seems like a hardware thing and not a software issue.  Any experienced users have advice on how to troubleshoot this?