Author Topic: How to control TV via rs232  (Read 13372 times)

Afkpuz

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: How to control TV via rs232
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2008, 10:30:37 pm »
Shoot, now I'm having cable problems.  The website I bought the tv from led me to buy a specialized cable to connect to the rs232 port.  So, I bought it and sent back my regular serial cable.  Well, the tv has a normal serial plug on it, so I have to go get another serial cable.  Also, I won't be able to work on this for about 2 weeks as I am on vacation.  I'll update once I make progress.

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2008, 02:18:03 pm »

Hi,

I've modified existing generic LG lcd TV template with neede Ruby codes, but I have yet to talk to developers how to enter them in LMCE - so it will probably not be available soon...

Basically I based my work on this one :

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/LG_42LB5D

Regards,

Bulek.

Bulek,

I followed the instructions in the link and can not get it to work.  I know my serial port works becasue I used to use it for a CM11A X10 controller.  I have a null modem cable between my Hybrid Core and LG 37RZ55.  I have tried sending test signals to it but with no response.

Anybody help?

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2008, 02:46:42 pm »

Hi,

I've modified existing generic LG lcd TV template with neede Ruby codes, but I have yet to talk to developers how to enter them in LMCE - so it will probably not be available soon...

Basically I based my work on this one :

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/LG_42LB5D

Regards,

Bulek.

Bulek,

I followed the instructions in the link and can not get it to work.  I know my serial port works becasue I used to use it for a CM11A X10 controller.  I have a null modem cable between my Hybrid Core and LG 37RZ55.  I have tried sending test signals to it but with no response.

Anybody help?
Why don't you try first with some WinXp machine and simple rs232 terminal to check response from device and then play a bit with it...

Regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.