Author Topic: Home door video phone  (Read 12312 times)

bongbastic

• View Profile
Home door video phone
« on: July 08, 2008, 04:57:22 am »
Hi all, I was wondering, are there any home door video-phones that could be supported by LinuxMCE eventually?

I will probably go with Ritto "video intercom system". They use interface called TwinBus but I have not found anywhere it would use some kind of open standard or computer connectivity. Twinbus: www.ritto.de/download/files/ex_Ritto_eng.pdf

Do you have tips for any other products? I just wish I could use my door video-phone with LinuxMCE once.

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Home door video phone
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 11:10:04 am »
Hi all, I was wondering, are there any home door video-phones that could be supported by LinuxMCE eventually?

I will probably go with Ritto "video intercom system". They use interface called TwinBus but I have not found anywhere it would use some kind of open standard or computer connectivity. Twinbus: www.ritto.de/download/files/ex_Ritto_eng.pdf

Do you have tips for any other products? I just wish I could use my door video-phone with LinuxMCE once.
Hi,

AFAIK, currently only possibility for support is to have SIP compatible video phone. But, you won't be able to have video conversation with embedded phones on MDs, cause they support only audio.... Basically Asterisk does all the job for telephony under LMCE, so you can search for more info there.... You need to have Asterisk compatible video phone on both sides to have video conversation...

Regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 01:37:59 pm »
the doorcom is not hard to wire in, either use a native sip doorphone, or a doorphone connected to an analogue telephone adaptor, and set it to log into the asterisk server as extension 996 (be sure to define it as such on your web admin phone panel).

That way, when a doorbell event is recieved, your mobile orbiter will ring that extension so you can talk to them.

-Thom

bongbastic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 03:18:54 pm »
the doorcom is not hard to wire in

I thought it would be, especially since it is supposed to transmit picture as well. For that reason I'd like to find a vendor that would use some kind of open standards and "still" make a good design and durable products. Such device (which there probably isn't anyway) could be supported by LinuxMCE in the future, am I right?

bulek

• Administrator
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 04:00:54 pm »
the doorcom is not hard to wire in

I thought it would be, especially since it is supposed to transmit picture as well. For that reason I'd like to find a vendor that would use some kind of open standards and "still" make a good design and durable products. Such device (which there probably isn't anyway) could be supported by LinuxMCE in the future, am I right?
Hi,

maybe I'm missing something, but connecting video doorphone is not so easy or maybe even impossible at the reasonable price at the moment. It's different story from normal PSTN based doorphone, where you need simple PSTN gateway to Asterisk... Another part of the story is that you also must have video phone to have video communication between both of them....

In my system I implemented more simple scenario: I used PSTN audio only doorphone and will probably (if I ever will be able to do things with HADesigner) add incoming call screen that will also show picture of camera at the entrance... Not true video phone, but you're able to see entrant...

HTH,

regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 04:39:03 pm »
*hmm*

all you need to do for the video is drop an IP camera at the door.

it will be transmitted to your mobile orbiter.

*shake-head*

-Thom

bulek

• Administrator
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 05:59:57 pm »
*hmm*

all you need to do for the video is drop an IP camera at the door.

it will be transmitted to your mobile orbiter.

*shake-head*

-Thom

Well,

if I get it right, "video" in this case  is basically snapshots that arrive in few seconds gaps (if you're not at home and on GPRS)... or am I missing something ?

Is there any option to add camera view to incoming call for such scenario, so one could also see entrant from non-mobile Orbiters ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 06:40:53 pm »
Yes, copy the commands from a camera scenario on a media director, to a new event responding to "Doorbell" ... done.

this isn't that hard, fellas.

-Thom

Ritmo2k

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 09:06:33 pm »
@bulek

Have you implemented this solution yet, if so how dose your setup work? Any notes you care to share?

Thanks!

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 12:51:40 am »
@bulek

Have you implemented this solution yet, if so how dose your setup work? Any notes you care to share?

Thanks!

Ritmo2K, look at this: http://nerdvittles.com/wp-content/doorbell.pdf

that might help

cfernandes

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • my company web site
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 02:46:35 am »
Thom  whe you said
"Yes, copy the commands from a camera scenario on a media director, to a new event responding to "Doorbell" ... done.

-Thom"

can you point me where a can find this commands
thanks
Carlos

PKWilson

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 05:28:18 am »
I have a similar thing for my setup:

* Analog Cam in door connected through video capture board to Motion in LMCE.
* Motion detector setup through GC100 as "Doorbell" (gives me advanced warning that someone is approaching the door)
* Analog phone connected through ATA with ext 994 (wiki says to use 994...whats 996 for?)

In my setup, when someone approaches the door, my media is paused on the MD's and it goes to the camera screen for the door cam. I use the "Goto Screen" command for an orbiter, PK_Screen is 15 (don't know if thats the same for everyone, I just watched the log when I open a camera on an orbiter to see what the command should be) and the PK_Device is set to the camera device ID. I also set it to interrupt and turn on the associated devices (eg tv). I also call  the "Go Back" command after 60 seconds so that my orbiters don't sit there showing the camera all day.

At the same time, a call is initiated to one of my phone extensions I didn't want it going to the mobile orbiter. I use the "Make Call" command in the telecom plug-in to make the call from my home office phone(Gigaset IP Phone) to the doorphone on ext 994. This serves two purposes...firstly the ringing phone is my audible doorbell and I can tell it's the door because of the caller ID on the phone, secondly I can answer it if I want to talk to the person.

The tricky part was getting the door phone to answer since the person at the door isn't actually pressing anything. For this, I used a relay on the GC100 as the on/off-hook switch on the analog phone and I have an event set up so that any incoming call to the door phone is automatically answered by switching the relay and automatically hangs up with another end call event.

So when someone walks up to my door, the phone rings and I can either check the camera by pulling up my nearest orbiter, or I can wander into the living room where the TV will have been turned on with the orbiter showing the front door camera. Or if I'm watching tv at the time, my media will be paused and the camera will come up.

Then after all that when I see it is someone with a clip-board wanting me to change electricity/phone/gas provider...I can ignore them.  ;)

Cheers

totallymaxed

• LinuxMCE God
  • Smart Home Consulting
    • View Profile
    • Dianemo - at home with technology
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 07:04:58 pm »
Thom  whe you said
"Yes, copy the commands from a camera scenario on a media director, to a new event responding to "Doorbell" ... done.

-Thom"

can you point me where a can find this commands
thanks
Carlos

Look in Wizards->Event Handlers->Respond to Events

Select 'Someone rings the doorbel' from the 'New Event' pop-up menu...

All the best

Andrew
Andy Herron,
CHT Ltd

For Dianemo/LinuxMCE consulting advice;
@herron on Twitter, totallymaxed+inquiries@gmail.com via email or PM me here.

Get Dianemo-Rpi2 ARM Licenses http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=14026.0

Get RaspSqueeze-CEC or Raspbmc-CEC for Dianemo/LinuxMCE: http://wp.me/P4KgIc-5P

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dianemo-Home-Automation/226019387454465

http://www.dianemo.co.uk