Author Topic: Need a little help. Get to a login on the dcerouter  (Read 2560 times)

pema

• View Profile
Need a little help. Get to a login on the dcerouter
« on: July 06, 2008, 11:25:58 pm »
Hi all,

I'm quite new to Linux but wanted to try out the LinuxMCE system as it looked quite fantastic in the instruction video. I also checked an old one that was really cool.

Just to try it out i installed it on a virtual machine on a VMware workstation desktop computer. The installation went well. I didn't have much hardware to install but the installation program seemed to install what was necessary.

After installation was done and I restarted the virtual computer all seemed to start fine. I even got to see the GUI. However the startup continues and the gui dissapear. I get stuck with a command window where I need to login on the dcerouter. I'm able to login with my linuxmce account but what do I do next?

How do I get the gui to start? Can I make it to start by default and don't close after a short while?

I'm desperate for help. Please someone help me.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Need a little help. Get to a login on the dcerouter
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 12:02:21 am »
We currently do not support running under vmware, Please install on full hardware.

-Thom

niz23

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Need a little help. Get to a login on the dcerouter
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 02:43:02 pm »
pema.

Hi all,

I'm quite new to Linux but wanted to try out the LinuxMCE system as it looked quite fantastic in the instruction video. I also checked an old one that was really cool.

Just to try it out i installed it on a virtual machine on a VMware workstation desktop computer. The installation went well. I didn't have much hardware to install but the installation program seemed to install what was necessary.

After installation was done and I restarted the virtual computer all seemed to start fine. I even got to see the GUI. However the startup continues and the gui dissapear. I get stuck with a command window where I need to login on the dcerouter. I'm able to login with my linuxmce account but what do I do next?

How do I get the gui to start? Can I make it to start by default and don't close after a short while?

I'm desperate for help. Please someone help me.

Have you installed vmware tools?
If you havenĀ“t do that and then restart.

Wmware tools will install modified X drivers to make X work in a virtual machine running inside a vmware vm.

/niz23