Author Topic: (Solved) I think. Media Files Sync will not refesh or update.  (Read 9187 times)

royw

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: (Solved) I think. Media Files Sync will not refesh or update.
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2008, 05:26:00 am »
I have it working now at least I can update a media file in less than 10 seconds weather I am changing media sub-types or actually deleting a bunch of attributes it is the same 10 seconds.

Whoooop!  Congrats!

Also - Roy - with that favico.ico issue, I copied that file from the wiki to my desktop - then I opened up dolphin and the /var/www files as root to past the file into that directory. When I ext Dolphin now I get an error that dolphin could not save the bookmark - What am I doing wrong here. I am not sure how to do this from terminal or the prompt.

CLI would be:
Code: [Select]
linuxmce@dcerouter:~$ cd Desktop
linuxmce@dcerouter:~/Desktop$ ls -l *.ico
-rw-r--r-- 1 linuxmce linuxmce 209 2008-07-12 22:14 favicon.ico
linuxmce@dcerouter:~/Desktop$ sudo mv favicon.ico /var/www
[sudo] password for linuxmce:
linuxmce@dcerouter:~/Desktop$ sudo chown www-data.www-data /var/www/favicon.ico
linuxmce@dcerouter:~/Desktop$ ls -l /var/www/*.ico
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data 209 2008-07-12 22:14 /var/www/favicon.ico

To test, tail -f /var/log/apache2/error.log
Then open up a browser to pluto-admin, you shouldn't see any new favicon errors.

HTH,
Roy

Maybe I'm a dinosaur, but I find dolphin unusable compared to konqueror.   ;D

royw

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2008, 05:31:11 am »
On the 25' cable issue.  You may want to try putting new connectors on both ends before replacing the wire.

HTH,
Roy

rodercot

« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2008, 06:23:17 am »
On the 25' cable issue.  You may want to try putting new connectors on both ends before replacing the wire.

HTH,
Roy

Agreed, I will try that in the morning as well. Just a note so far all is good. I am really testing it now. BB had a 2 for 10$ dvd sale and I was at Wal-Mart and they updated some of there 5$ bin titles. So I am ripping dvd's to the server, I am using AutoGK to convert a bunch of TV series episodes to .avi and updating the server from my desktop at the same time and they are all updating in less than 10 seconds.  ;D

I will fix the .ico thing in the morning as well. Thanks for the help again. It is greatly appreciated.

Did you see my other issue of adding the new md. Do we still need to run the script?

Dave