Right! Sorry should have been more clear. I posted a while back about a power outage that shut down both the nas and the hybrid and when I rebooted everything I had slow movie playback and the database was slow to update from within Media File Sync.
I hope I am still making this clear enough to understand the problem.
Webadmin - Media file Sync - /public/data/other - windows share disk 1 - 10.
Disk 1-9 are setup - Movies1/movie_title/bup,ifo,vob etc.. also TV1/tv_show/season/episode s01e01 epname.avi as per proper show naming convention.
Disk 10 is all HD/BD in a mkv for hd and ts for bd. disk10 /movie_name/movie_name.mkv or .ts
when I pick a movie from disk 1 - 9 shares from the left column is public/data/other/windows share disk 1/movies1. now choose a movie from the list in the right column ie terminator. it is seen as LinuxMCE DVD, I choose amazon and get the attributes it searches fine returns the results and I pick one, it update the terminator file with the cover art. Now I select the attributes in the radio boxes i do not want and choose delete, it pops up and asks me if I am sure I say OK and it starts to delete those and will then not refresh. so i have to shut down explorer or firefox and open a new session of the webadmin and get back to terminator and the attributes are in fact deleted now. It does the same thing for media sub-type etc...
Now Disk10 was added and populated while the hybrid was not up over the last month or so with files as I stated above. It works just fine. I can add the cover art, delete the attributes and then set the media sub-types and all are ok in fact it refreshed and updates very quickly. Once completed with all the attr. for the movies on this disk I resync'd disk 10 and it took about 30 seconds to do so. So the disk 10 share seems to be OK.
I did infact turn of the update media daemon after noticing the data had not been added to the db after 4-5 hours of building so I switched it off to try a couple files and see if there was any change in the performance of the db, which there was not so I turned it on again. I was only testing to see if that was causing any issues. I do not have the post or link handy, but I only did this in Lieu of a post or wiki issue I had read about.
I am assuming as well it is a corruption somewhere in the db. as I stated this all happened after a power outage a while back. but I have since rebuilt the hybrid with a fresh install as of Sunday whereas I drew out a flowchart of the overall system, built and setup everything to that flowchart. I added nothing extra and did not try anything new this time as I have in past installs to progress my learning curve of the system.
setup network wiring - setup all windos machines to LinuxMCE domain and dhcp (auto), reset the servers (Unraid) to LinuxMCE domain and shut them down from the Unraid admin window. Installed LMCE710RC2 - AV wizard issue - 640x480 instead of 1080p (1920x1080), installed Nvidia 173.14.09 driver and rebooted the hybrid - ALL GOOD. Setup 52d64u as per ales9r system sheet in the wiki, found and installed all windows worksations. booted first Unraid server found it and set it up - OK. Turned on Media Server, A little troublesome due to new nic in that machine had to change MAC address and reboot the server all found set up shares as per LMCE.
Start using system. dvd playback OK, black screen on .ts and .mkv playback or still black screen and some sound then nothing just black screen.
I hope this makes it more clear and not redundant. I guess I will do some searching for SQL issues. What am I looking for as far as an SQL issue or will I get a report.
Roy - I have nothing in the videos dir, the movies and files are all in /public/data/other.
One thing I did notice and not sure if this is an issue but when resync part way down the window it would have lines called "mapping file" and then continue with the resync. The resync on large queries do complete they just take forever.