Author Topic: Editing Media Director diskless image  (Read 2223 times)

cshowe

• First post!
    • View Profile
Editing Media Director diskless image
« on: July 13, 2008, 03:04:07 am »
Hi, I'm a new user of LinuxMCE and so far I've been pretty impressed.  However I'm having some problems and I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

I'm using an old laptop as a MD and it has both onboard sound and a PCMCIA Audigy 2 ZS.  Obviously I'd like to use the audigy over the onboard.  I can do this in kubuntu by changing
/etc/asound.conf to use card 1 by default, I've tested this and it works.

However I'm trying to boot the laptop diskless, and that's where I run into trouble.  The diskless image doesn't have any changes to asound.conf in it.  If I log into the core I can change
/usr/pluto/diskless/<#>/etc/asound.conf.  It seemed to me like this was the appropriate disk image.  But when I reboot the MD the disk image is changed on the core before the MD loads it,
something is rewriting the asound.conf file (poorly) and destroying my changes.  This suggests that manually editing this image is not the right solution.

I've poked around looking for other solutions to this problem but nothing has jumped out at me.  Where should I be looking.

Thanks