Author Topic: headless core with pvr-500  (Read 3026 times)

deffcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
headless core with pvr-500
« on: July 02, 2008, 04:14:26 pm »
Hi,

Can someone explain how to configure a headless core via the cd install with an pvr-500 tuner in it and to let linuxmce recognize it and configure the card or does the card has to be in an media director, in my old situation i had my core as an hybrid and there i had the possiblity to configure mythtv with the pvr-500, but not anymore, someone?

Dave

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
Re: headless core with pvr-500
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 01:50:22 am »
You could try switching to a text console (with [CTRL][ALT][F2]) login and start a teminal with
Code: [Select]
DISPLAY=:0 konsole & then switch back (with [ALT][F7]) and run the mythtv setup manually from the terminal.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

deffcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 09:25:03 am »
Hi Zaerc,

This could be something, but how about the thing that this is still a clean core where mythtv is not installed, which packages i have to install manually, because when you have a hybrid core, first you come in the media setup screen with all the rooms setup etc and also when you have capture cards installed, it will ask you if you want VDR or MYTHTV. This option i don't have on a headless core, can you give me some guidelines which packages i have to install manually of mythtv and maybe some additional packages.

Dave

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 10:39:03 pm »
I think you should be able to run the setup wizard from one of the MDs.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

jdilorenzo

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 04:14:56 pm »
I've got a PVR-150 in a recently loaded dedicated core.  My core's not headless, so I was able to run the AV setup from there.  I managed to get the first MD up and running, and started the Myth-setup application from there.  For some reason it won't recognize the capture card.  I loaded the firmware on the core by using an apt get-install ivtv-firmware, which it saw as a new package that had not been loaded before; no difference, it still won't see the card. 

I think the card is working ok, "Cat /dev/video0 > /tmp/test.mpg"  builds a video that contains static.

I'm curious if you run into the same thing with myth setup.

I'm out of ideas and considering starting over using the DVD to make the core a hybrid...