Author Topic: Any updates on mkv or ts files  (Read 3403 times)

Itsik

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Any updates on mkv or ts files
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2008, 08:08:17 pm »
Alex

I haven't made any changes what so ever accept for changing the file extension and media type.
btw, when you ff/raw you do not see the progress bar move, you just see the video move faster and the sound raise in pitch. That means the ff/raw works, but it's not x400 as it shows on the top bar, but a lot slower.

Itsik

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2008, 11:53:56 pm »
btw, the green-block artifacts you described with mkv files has been fixed in RC2 - I never get them on 720p mkv files any more and I used to get them all the time. Thought you might like to know.

alx9r

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 01:07:21 am »
colinjones,
That's interesting.  Do you know the last version where you for sure saw the green-block artifact?

I was under the impression that the only changes from RC1 to RC2 were minor changes to the ZWave driver and the full inclusion of some packages.  That is what is implied by this page:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Difference_between_710_RC1_and_710_RC2

I definitely see green-block artifacts using 0710RC1.

Regards,

Alex

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2008, 01:27:39 am »
Can't say with certainty, but it was either beta 3 or beta 4, I think 4... To be honest I thought it was fixed in RC1, but can't really remember.

Either way, it was definitely a "known issue" and not just with LMCE. I discussed it with some of the guys here, at the time before we realised it was related to mkv. I was watching a series called Torchwood in 720p/mkv - every episode displayed this issue, sometimes just a little on the left, but often it would "grow" right out into the main part of the screen, then go back again.

Someone on the forums confirmed it was fixed in version x, and after I passed that version I have never seen it again. So I can confirm for sure that it is gone in RC2.

cirion

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2008, 02:20:27 am »
I can confirm that I still have green artifacts in RC2 both 32bit and 64bit.
Same files works with no green artifacts on Mythbuntu, Windows and PS3.

After RC1 there was considerably less green artifacts on the same files than before. Those MKV files where unwatchable in the betas because of the whole screen going green. But now there is only a bit in the left in the left side of the picture once in a while. The artifacts are consistent too. I can ff to the same point and get green artifacts every time.

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2008, 02:31:19 am »
Hmmm. That's interesting - the fix was supposed to be in there, and I haven't seen the artifacts since. Will check the same files again over the next few days.

alx9r

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2008, 02:50:32 am »
Just to clarify what I see using 0710RC1:

On at least one 720p and one 1080p .mkv files I see green regions that grow mostly in the brightest parts of the scene then disappear at a certain point and begin to grow again.  Those files are still watchable but the green is distracting.

Alex

cirion

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2008, 12:39:07 pm »
I tried running the same movies in KDE desktop, and they worked fine. Kaffeine starts with the file and there are no green artiifacts...

rodercot

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2008, 01:46:56 pm »
 Well I changed a couple of mkv over to .m2ts as suggested. These are 1080p rips and they do work on the core as described, No pause, ffwd or rrwd. I still only get sound on the MD. The MD is set at 720 as the lcd in that room will not support 1080p. I guess that it may not down convert the 1080p or output at 720p on that tv.

On another note and not to get off topic I just installed the latest xbmc svn in kde using the gutsy svn requirements and it works just fine. I loaded up my hd movie directory and it plays 100%. and it seems to get along fine with LMCE. Now if I could just launch xbmc from the computing - installed programs page so the tv would not shut off when in kde or xbmc. I just installed this as a fix until the next release of LMCE.

rgds,

Dave

royw

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2008, 08:53:02 pm »
Now if I could just launch xbmc from the computing - installed programs page so the tv would not shut off when in kde or xbmc.

Just parts of the puzzle to get you started: 

mysql -u root -e "use pluto_main;select * from Screen where Description='Computing';"

then over in the source, look in src/Gen_Devices/AllScreens.h and there are some SCREEN_Computing stuff.

From these, I'd suggest looking at Thom's HADesigner screencasts:

http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=5059.msg29620#msg29620

Have fun,
Roy

Have fun,
Roy

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2008, 12:06:22 am »
Guys

Well I mustn't have played 720p mkv files for a long time after all! I just played one yesterday and turns out i am still getting the green artifacts... It must have just been that I didn't play any after upgrading to RC2 so had no recollection of the green...