Author Topic: Using LinuxMCE for Home-Automation/Security?  (Read 10596 times)

ccoudsi

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Using LinuxMCE for Home-Automation/Security?
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2009, 09:58:25 pm »
Thom,
I got it, when it called my PSTN number I pressed "4" then it called my Cell number and opned a voice channel so I can talk to the neighbor !!! slick system
I don't know why my iPhone DTMF not working??? I will try with my wife cell phone.

Cheers,
Cheers |[BEER]
Charlie,

ccoudsi

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2009, 10:08:29 pm »
Thom,
Quick update, I tried my wife's cell Cingular "8125" same results as my iPhone, it looks the DTMF tone is weak to be detected by LinuxMCE, !!!
Cheers |[BEER]
Charlie,

tricky_dicky

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2009, 12:44:52 pm »
I've got a standalone Asterisk server for another project and I can use the keypad for navigating around(1 for this extensions ect). I'm using Sipgate as the provider so I don't know if that may have something to do with it. 
It may sound stupid but just check that you have tones enabled on your mobile phone.
Rich

ccoudsi

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2009, 08:29:15 pm »
Rich,
I just did more research and talked to iPhone tech-support, they acknowledged there is an issue with DTMF tones with their iPhone and AT&T network, they only support long tones, but I don't understand why the Cingular 8125 doesn't work either (Maybe because it is AT&T too)?? I tried both short and long tones, same results, even I verified both phones tone generation by calling my home number!!! the tones sound OK to me, I need to do more testing with different Cell phones/carriers, it could be the carrier because my home number uses Comcast, not AT&T that's why it works????

Charlie,
Cheers |[BEER]
Charlie,

tricky_dicky

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2009, 11:36:15 am »
Charlie,
When you say the tones sound OK to you are you measuring using anything or just pressing buttons and seeing what happens?
If you have dig on the net I'm sure there is a DTMF code decoder that you could play the tones too and see if it recognizes them.

Rich

ccoudsi

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2009, 07:35:30 pm »
Rich,
What I meant is the DTMF tones did not sound weak, they sounded loud and clear when I called from my cell to my Home Comcast number, you're right I need to hook up a DTMF decoder to find out what is going on, yesterday I tried another friend's cell phone, same results LMCE did not detect the tones. Strange enough LMCE detects the tones when I use my home Uniden 5.8Ghz cordless phone??
Cheers |[BEER]
Charlie,

tricky_dicky

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2009, 11:08:42 am »
Charlie,

I've had similar experiences, sometimes the tones come through just fine and other times I get bounced to the unknown extension.  This normally happens if there is a lot of background noise tbh or if I am using the mobile on speakerphone.
Internally should always be fine due to lack of factors mentioned above and also by the fact that the call doesn't have to go round the entire POTS system before it hits your LMCE box.

Best of luck getting it sorted.
Rich