Author Topic: SOLUTION: TT1500 (budget_ci) conflicted with snd_aw2 driver  (Read 3105 times)

thorsten

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Hello,

anyone having problems with a Technotrend 1500 PCI card? Perhaps here is the solution:

I finally donĀ“t believe that a plain LMCE installation will work with any PCI card that contains a phillips saa7146 chip for controlling the frontend (tuner).

The linux kernel in LMCE 7.10 contains a driver "snd_aw2" for an audiowerk sound card. This driver has a bug, so it is loaded for every saa7146 chip probably in any PCI device (?). For me, it was loaded instead of the correct frontend driver for my TT1500 DVB-S card. After blacklisting the driver in /etc/modprobe.d, the DVB card finally works! HEUREKA!

Just add a line

blacklist snd_aw2

to the file /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist

And since then there is just one sound card in ALSA, so now audio output works well, too!

Hope it may help anyone.

Have a nice time
Thorsten

mami

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: SOLUTION: TT1500 (budget_ci) conflicted with snd_aw2 driver
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 06:09:18 pm »
Thnx for this info. I have just bought a TT1500. I have tried a lot to get it working. I first thing it was some IRQ stuff, but not.
But after this i have it all working (it was some other problems to, but it was my fault)! Dual tuner whit vdr for multiple recordings/watching.  ;D

Edit:
Was adding a new page to wiki for this: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Technotrend_Budget_x-1500

/Mami
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 06:47:19 pm by mami »

internix

• View Profile
Re: SOLUTION: TT1500 (budget_ci) conflicted with snd_aw2 driver
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 06:20:52 pm »
Thnx! This was the cure for my problem with a KNC1-C TV card also. After installing I was able to configure the card in MythTV but after a reboot I lost sound and the card wouldn't start up in MythTV. MythTV reported that all resources for the requested program were in use. Investigation of the card in MythTV Setup showed that the card was not responding anymore. After reading this post I checked the installed drivers with lspci and found the snd_aw2 driver was loaded before the budget_av driver blocking it from working as the post spelled out.

Again thanks a lot for this.

Best regards,

Internix