Archive > DCE Router Users

DCERouter Status: Not responding on socket. Probably dead.

<< < (2/2)

archived:
Looks like another incompletely/wrongly burned CD to me. Try burning your discs at lower speed (16x or 24x, but not higher) if the ISO image that you have is correct. Also notice that there's a new release available (2.0.0.35).

archived:
i've had the same problem

my problem was that  the update script got access denied when uppdating the plutocore and mythtv "access denied for rott@192.168.80.1"

i downloaded a fresh .ISO (release .35)  burnd and booted from it.

the installation partitioned the disk and atarted to coping files.

when it was time for the data base insert/syncing, mysqld crashed, the swap space was too small.

did a new installation and manualy partioned the hard drive and made the swap space larger and then it worked.

so take a look at your partiotions -> df -k

archived:

--- Quote from: "paflo" ---
when it was time for the data base insert/syncing, mysqld crashed, the swap space was too small.

did a new installation and manualy partioned the hard drive and made the swap space larger and then it worked.

--- End quote ---

That's correct! I hade exactly the same problem during installation. I made swap partition 512 Mb and after that I installed Pluto without problems.

archived:
nite_man, do you have a large media collection that might be being indexed into the database?

Any recommendations on what we should be setting the swap size to?

archived:

--- Quote from: "stormshaker" ---nite_man, do you have a large media collection that might be being indexed into the database?

--- End quote ---

No, I don't. I installed Pluto just to testing purposes. The ordinary installation crashed during inserting data in mysql database because swap was too small (64 Mb).

--- Quote from: "stormshaker" ---
Any recommendations on what we should be setting the swap size to?
--- End quote ---

Usually, the swap size should be greater than RAM memory in twice i. e. if RAM 512 Mb the swap should be 1024 Mb or bigger.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Sitemap 
Go to full version