Author Topic: Support for digital photos  (Read 4447 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Support for digital photos
« on: March 13, 2005, 01:22:30 am »
I've been looking through the Pluto site and forums for the last week or so and am keen to set something up, especially since it uses Asterisk and Myth - two projects that I've been using for a while now.

One thing I haven't really seen any mention of though is support for digital photos. I wonder if Gallery2 (gallery.menalto.com) would be helpful here? This would allow Pluto users to easily share their pictures with relatives through the internet, and an app for the Media Directors could be created (or modification to the existing MythGallery module) that interfaces to Gallery using the Gallery Remote protocol, allowing users to browse albums on their TVs, etc.

Some sort of digital photo frame could also be added to the range - something similar to http://www.ceiva.com/home/hp/index.jsp, but instead gets images from the gallery.

Anyways, just some thoughts.

Cheers,
-Kent

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Support for digital photos
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 07:23:53 pm »
Hello,

Yes, we will definately want to add digital photos to Pluto, and in fact, our commercial media directors will all have card readers for that.  Our focus at the moment is streamlining the installation process, and getting all the media to work 100% stable.  So, we're holding off on new modules until we're sure the ones we've already released are working for everybody.  Our online documentation has programmer's guides, though, that explain the process.