Author Topic: a problem with Live TV  (Read 2208 times)

Itsik

• Guru
    • View Profile
a problem with Live TV
« on: June 23, 2008, 11:16:16 pm »
My setup includes a core and several MD's. Some of the MD's include a pvr-150 connected to a sat box.
Trying to watch TV using the LMCE GUI (LiveTV scenario) results in a massege saying "fle not found:fifo: ///dev/video0", and a blank screen.
watching TV thru MythTV works without any problems.

Any ideas any one?

thnx
Itsik

seth

• Guru
  • A day w/o LinuxMCE is like a day w/o sunshine!
    • View Profile
Re: a problem with Live TV
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 01:59:30 pm »
 ;)
I too have multiple pvr150's hoked up to dish network boxes. The only time I see that error is when the pvr card is recording something on mythtv. Make sure your recording schedules do not conflict with the pvr150 "LiveTV" feed you are using. I have 4 receivers, well 2, and 2 RF second feeds. I have made a habit of scheduling my recordings on the pvr150's connected to the RF tuners, as I cannot control those with IR. I set the RF feeds to auto-tune to the channel I am recording and use MythTV scheduliing options to use specifically that tuner. It's a PITA to not have RF control, but if you have IR boxes, those are nicer to distribute as they can be controlled by the MD's as far as channel changing. Meanwhile the RF tuners do all of your recording.

Just a thought.

Regards,

Seth
".....Because Once you've LinuxMCE'd....."
System stats located at my user page:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Seth

Itsik

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: a problem with Live TV
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 12:33:19 am »
thnx for the reply seth.

unfortunatly, this happened to me all the time, regardless of wether mythtv is recording or not.
my guess is that when xine tried to capture the card it fails because the card is already captured by the myth frontend, or the slave backend.
Is there a way to turn off the myth frontend just to see if it will solve the problem ?

Regards
Itsik