Author Topic: 2 MDs in one room  (Read 2749 times)

jeangot

• Guru
    • View Profile
2 MDs in one room
« on: June 24, 2008, 06:37:47 am »
Hello,

I'm surprised that nobody has asked this before (or it might be a very stupid question), but does anyone have a clean way of running 2 Mds in the same room? Since I use my MDs also as workstations, I have the problem that there are 2 for example in my study.
I could of course create 2 rooms like "study 1" and "study 2", but I was wondering if anyone figured out a cleaner way that respects the concept of "rooms" in Linuxmce? Maybe using child/parent relationships?

Jean

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: 2 MDs in one room
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 01:19:35 pm »
Yes, you create the rooms, but in the rooms screen on the web admin, you specify that you want to create your Entertainment Areas manually.

Read up on Entertainment Areas on the wiki, but basically, you create one entertainment area for one machine, one entertainment area for another, and map scenarios, etc..appropriately.

-Thom

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 01:33:55 pm »
search for "entertainment area" or EA...

HTH,

regards,

Bulek.

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

jeangot

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 05:10:04 pm »
Thank you. I read http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Rooms and now I have 2 entertainment areas in my "Study" room and each MD assigned to one.
But to which rooms do I assign my MDs now? The web GUI will still complain if I try to assign both MDs to the same room Study.

jeangot

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 04:01:08 am »
Bump.

I still don't have this right. I now have my 2 entertain areas, but in the MD section in the web admin it is still asking me to assign each MD to a room (not to an entertain area) and consequently won't let me put both MDs into the same room.
It didn't generate any media scenarios for one of my MDs.

Any help/pointers would be appreciated.

thanks.

jeangot

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 04:05:44 am »
I found now how to assign the MDs to the appropriate entertain areas after clicking on advanced, but I still don't have them both in the same room...