Author Topic: Change MythTV recording location  (Read 2681 times)

jgaffney

• Douchebag
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Change MythTV recording location
« on: June 28, 2008, 02:56:06 am »
Greetings,

Could someone tell me how I can change the location of the mythtv recordings?  It's filling up my drive and would like to redirect to a larger one.  I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thank you.

jeangot

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Change MythTV recording location
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 05:12:40 pm »

jgaffney

• Douchebag
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 06:08:16 pm »
Thank you,  but I have seen that thread.  One guy mentions "changing it manually in the mythtv setup"  but I can't seem to find this anywhere.

The other suggestions are to symlink the tv_shows_1 folder,  but it sounds like that is not a good idea as it may cause other problems.

jeangot

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 10:40:15 pm »
To "change in the mythtv setup", you need to go to the machine that has your tv cards (usualy the core I guess) and launch mythtv-setup, either from a terminal in KDE Desktop, or by using the link in "Computing Applications" on that orbiter, after enabling it under "Computing Application" in the config of that MD in the web admin.
In that mythtv-setup application you will find the option for the recording path in one of the configuration screens.

When I tried this, it had no effect, the setting was always being reset by Linuxmce as soon as I was done.

I personnaly used symlinks on my core for the tv_shows_1 folder and that worked fine for me