Author Topic: Location of extensions.conf of Asterisk in LinuxMce  (Read 13566 times)

ferdies

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Location of extensions.conf of Asterisk in LinuxMce
« on: June 24, 2008, 02:45:44 am »
Hi,

I am trying to modify extensions.conf so that I can manually configure Asterisk. Please advise where asterisk files are located.

Thanks.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Location of extensions.conf of Asterisk in LinuxMce
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 06:17:20 am »
use the web admin to modify your asterisk configuration. Look under Advanced > Phone Setup. This will get you to the FreePBX panel.

-Thom

ferdies

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 06:49:59 am »
use the web admin to modify your asterisk configuration. Look under Advanced > Phone Setup. This will get you to the FreePBX panel.

-Thom

Thanks. But I would like to manually edit extensions.conf or even extensions_additional.conf. I have been using Asterisk/FreePBX, TrixBox/FreePBX, PBX in a Flash for several years and have some "personalized" tweaks on the system. Definitely, FreePBX will not be able to do it.

I have already checked FreePBX in LinuxMCE web admin and obviously, it is has a limited capabilty compared to a fullblown asterisk.

For example, before executing dialparties.agi, I have inserted an exten,xxx,background(some voiceover - like "one moment please, I am connecting your call"). etc...

I understand also that it may be overwritten, if upgrade is being done, but would like to explore and see if I can make the necessary changes.

This was the reason why I asked on how to just interface existing asterisk with LinuxMCE, http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=5391.0

Currently, LinuxMCE has some limited asterisk capability but, overall a very good product.

Alternatively,

Is there any way to change the SERVER IP (and indicate my Asterisk Installation) in the Device setup:   Advanced | Device #17: Asterisk
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 09:03:31 am by ferdies »

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 08:27:09 am »
Hi,

I assume that you can do pretty much customization directly in files. But make backup, cause files get overwritten....

Asterisk under LMCE is pretty standard, only several things are autogenerated (for instance when you add new phone device in web-admin, then some perl scripts are adding entries in FreePBX also, etc....).

Maybe most convenient way of adding custom things would be to add include lines in "stock" configuration files and add in those included files.... But after some time you'll probably get tired of doing the things all over and over....

Regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

ferdies

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 09:24:59 am »
Thanks. I will try to do that. However, would you be able to point me to the right direction. I have been trying to locate all *.conf f Asterisk and seems that I could not find them at all. Or do they actually exists?

I have tried accessing /etc/asterisk directory, even with sudo but to no avail. Are there any special instruction that I should know of?

I am getting these error messages, ssh into LinuxMCE:

linuxmce@dcerouter:/etc$ sudo cd /etc/asterisk
sudo: cd: command not found
linuxmce@dcerouter:/etc$ asterisk -r
Asterisk 1.4.10, Copyright (C) 1999 - 2007 Digium, Inc. and others.
Created by Mark Spencer <markster@digium.com>
Asterisk comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; type 'core show warranty' for details.
This is free software, with components licensed under the GNU General Public
License version 2 and other licenses; you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain conditions. Type 'core show license' for details.
=========================================================================
Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl exist?)
linuxmce@dcerouter:/etc$ sudo amportal restart

/var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx_engine: line 26: [: =: unary operator expected
**** WARNING: ERROR IN CONFIGURATION ****
astrundir in /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf is set to  but the directory
does not exists. Attempting to create it with: 'mkdir -p '

mkdir: missing operand
Try `mkdir --help' for more information.
**** ERROR: COULD NOT CREATE  ****
Attempt to execute 'mkdir -p ' failed with an exit code of 1
You must create this directory and the try again.
linuxmce@dcerouter:/etc$

I am assuming that somehow the integration (or my installation) of LinuxMCE has a problem.

However, I can create extensions, make a call. I even had LinuxMCE Asterisk registered into my existing Asterisk installation. Thus, I am pretty sure that my installation was successful.

Any idea??

thoth

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 12:51:07 am »
Just wondering if you found a way to write custom extensions and make them persistent?  Trying to do the same thing here.