Right Guys, here's a short update:
- last night did a fresh install following on the missing package fuppes and consequent issues.
- fresh install Kubuntu 8.10
- installed nvidia 180.29 driver, as a consequence sound works out of the box (analog, did not test digital yet)
- installed alpha-latest - install ran without a glitch - congrats!!- AVwizard runs out of the box after install
- dvb-c Technisat does not get recognized / registered (will look into later)
- usbuirt does not get recognized
(2 different types)
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0df6:0021 Sitecom Europe B.V. (usb network interface)
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 1784:0001 TopSeed Technology Corp. (infrared receiver)
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0c16:0002 Gyration, Inc. (rf receiver)
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0471:0815 Philips eHome Infrared Receiver
- gyration remote does get recognized, volume works, mouse equivalent worksplay, stop, ffwd en frev don't work.- discovered a nice button in pluto-admin to switch network interfaces!! Wow! Was that there already?
- samba network shares (public in /home/public) are not visible, and cannot be connected to from WinXP box
- NFS lists a lot of shares, but I can't browse them (I have NFS installed on my XP box)
- Sarah / Wizard
software list is empty / black,
can't install w32codecs, libdvdcss2 (installed these manually)
can't install hd-bd-ripping-tools (did not find how to install manually)
received erroneous detection message: DCS-5300G(D-Link) (have no such equipment... don't know what has been detected instead, perhaps one of the usb IR receivers?
If you need any more details - just ask.
Question:Can VDR and Myth be installed both?
If yes, I'll do more testing with one of my Hauppauge 150's and with my dvb-c Satelco
Where can I find the messages that pluto prints on the Orbiter screen?
Most of the times they're gone before I can take note...
Thanks for the good work!!