General > Developers

How is Mplayer launched?

(1/2) > >>

jeangot:
Hello,

where can I find the command line that launches Mplayer (from videos fro m2ts files for example)? Is it in a sh script, or somewhere in a pluto binary?
I have a problem with Mplayer not being able to seek within large mkv files, which is apparently a known proeblem, and I would like to play with the command line (there is an argument to enable large files support apparently) before trying to recompile a different mplayer binary.

Will report of course if I find anything helpfull/conclusive.

Jean

royw:
Here's an example for playing a wav.  I haven't been able to figure out how to play a dvd.  I suspect it may be a series of DCE commands...

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/MessageSend#Sending_Commands

To see what DCE command an orbiter uses, try tail -f /var/log/pluto/DCERouter.log then playing a media from the orbiter.

Another helpful technique in building the DCE command is to use pluto_admin, show device tree, CORE, The core/hybrid, OnScreen Orbiter, Send command to device.  This is a wizard for building the DCE command and will show the MessageSend command line.

HTH,
Roy

darrenmason:
The MPlayer_Player device uses an instance of MPlayerEngine which seems to encapsulate the execution of MPlayer.

see http://svn.charonmedia.org/trac.cgi/browser/trunk/src/MPlayer_Player/MPlayerEngine.cpp

Regards
Darren

tschak909:
guys....

Mplayer_Player is ONLY used for HD DVD and Blu-Ray rip playback, look at the Xine_Plugin code for clarification.. *hmm*

for everything else, Xine_Player is used (not Xine, Xine_Player)

-Thom

jeangot:
Guys, thanks!
Darren, this is exactly what I needed, now I can try if this option will have an effect: --enable-largefiles

Thom, I know we're not supposed to use Mplayer to play video files, and that support fro Mplayer is in early stages, but a mkv of 8 Gb in 1080p (the system and screen resolution is 720p, the file is 1080p) just won't play correctly with Xine (I'm on a Media Live with 169.12 Nvidia driver and 4800+ X2 CPU). I tried every suggestion I could find (enable useevents, enbale/disable sync to vblank etc). When I force it to play with Mplayer it works fine (except for the fact that I can't seek). If there is anything else worth trying please tell me.

I also have similar problems when playing back HD shows recorded by Myth, from the video section, which uses Xine, versus playing them from ithin MythTV.

EDIT: --enable-largefiles is actually not a command line option to run Mplayer, but a configure option when building it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Sitemap 
Go to full version