Hi Rob and thanks for your reply
In the mean time I found a very dirty trick, i.e I moved away an existing perl script (related to german tv lisiting) and I renamed tv_grab_it with that name.
So now in Myth setup I have configured XMLTV to look for german listing, but actually it searches italian ones.
Nevertheless it is extremely slow, and this is probably due to the fact that the servers from where it grabs data are quite complex.
If I find a nice site with simple program listing like the one you are using I'll definitely give a try to your idea.
I'm quite confident that I may bother you again later with some more questions, as this is my first time with Mythtv and still I don't have a very clear picture of the system ...
So you are from Slovenia, that is a few hundreds km. from where I live ...
If you happen to cross the border and travel on the highway towards Milan, drop me a line and I'll invite you for a drink