Author Topic: MythTv and XMLTV  (Read 13556 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
MythTv and XMLTV
« on: January 05, 2006, 12:24:21 pm »
Hi

I know that the Mythtv thing is in a kind of a "limbo" right now, but nevertheless I hope that some experienced guy may give me a hint on this.

I recently installed a PVR 350 on my hybrid, and reading this forum I was able to fix the problem with frontend not seeing backend.

So I have a MythTv environment somehow working. Now I'm in the process to configure mythbackend, and I cannot have XMLTV properly configured.

In the Myth setup, in video sources section there is a drop-down list where one can select the proper tv grabber. In this list there isn't tv_grab_it (that is the one I need). I tried to upgrade xmltv to the latest version and I'm sure that the "it" option is present, but still I cannot see it in the Myth Setup drop-down list.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

TIA
Marco

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: MythTv and XMLTV
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 02:24:13 pm »
Quote from: "MarcoZan"
Hi

I know that the Mythtv thing is in a kind of a "limbo" right now, but nevertheless I hope that some experienced guy may give me a hint on this.

I recently installed a PVR 350 on my hybrid, and reading this forum I was able to fix the problem with frontend not seeing backend.

So I have a MythTv environment somehow working. Now I'm in the process to configure mythbackend, and I cannot have XMLTV properly configured.

In the Myth setup, in video sources section there is a drop-down list where one can select the proper tv grabber. In this list there isn't tv_grab_it (that is the one I need). I tried to upgrade xmltv to the latest version and I'm sure that the "it" option is present, but still I cannot see it in the Myth Setup drop-down list.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

TIA
Marco

Hi,

I'm from Slovenia, and we even don't have xmltv grabber. so I just select dummy one and then run my scrapping script outside of Pluto - the main thing is to get xmltv file and the run mythfilldatabase with it....

Here is my script from cron.daily :
Code: [Select]
#!/bin/sh

#wget http://www.vidmar.net/download/xmltv_si.zip
#unzip xmltv_si.zip
#mythfilldatabase --file 0 -1 www/vidmar.net/tvguide.xml

rm /tmp/tvguide.xml
wget --output-document=/tmp/tvguide.xml "http://localhost/tvprogrami.php?kanali=6_7_19_20"
sed -r -i "s/\"7@tv.srk.fer.hr/\"poptv/" /tmp/tvguide.xml
sed -r -i "s/\"6@tv.srk.fer.hr/\"kanala/" /tmp/tvguide.xml
sed -r -i "s/\"19@tv.srk.fer.hr/\"slo1/" /tmp/tvguide.xml
sed -r -i "s/\"20@tv.srk.fer.hr/\"slo2/" /tmp/tvguide.xml
mythfilldatabase --file 1 -1 /tmp/tvguide.xml

HTH,

regards,

Rob

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
MythTv and XMLTV
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 04:18:35 pm »
Hi Rob and thanks for your reply

In the mean time I found a very dirty trick, i.e I moved away an existing perl script (related to german tv lisiting) and I renamed tv_grab_it with that name.
So now in Myth setup I have configured XMLTV to look for german listing, but actually it searches italian ones.

Nevertheless it is extremely slow, and this is probably due to the fact that the servers from where it grabs data are quite complex.
If I find a nice site with simple program listing like the one you are using I'll definitely give a try to your idea.

Thanks anyway.

I'm quite confident that I may bother you again later with some more questions, as this is my first time with Mythtv and still I don't have a very clear picture of the system ...

Regards
Marco

P.S.
So you are from Slovenia, that is a few hundreds km. from where I live ...
If you happen to cross the border and travel on the highway towards Milan, drop me a line and I'll invite you for a drink  :)