Author Topic: FreePBX upgrade  (Read 7938 times)

Domodude

FreePBX upgrade
« on: June 17, 2008, 10:59:08 pm »
Hi all,

Thought I would bite the bullet and try an upgrade of FreePBX. I don't dare to touch asterisk itself, even though it seems to be a little outdated.

Everything went fairly well, I now have 2.4.0.0. I needed to "register" the custom destination LinuxMCE under "tools"->"Custom Destinations". The only problem I still have is that for some reason, the Cisco 7970 does not register anymore. Strange, because asterisk itself should not have been touched.

Does anyone know where to start? The asterisk full log gives me this ominous message:
 ERROR[5167] chan_skinny.c: Rejecting Device SEP0014A9F5****: Device not found

Any help appreciated!

Mark

Domodude

Re: FreePBX upgrade
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 11:15:58 pm »
In asterisk -r:
dcerouter*CLI> skinny  set debug
Skinny Debugging Enabled
Received Alarm Message: 20: Name=SEP0014A9F5**** Load= 7.0(1.0s) Last=Phone-Keypad
Device SEP0014A9F5**** is attempting to register
Received Alarm Message: 32: Name=SEP0014A9F5**** Load= 7.0(1.0s) : Invalid SCCP message! : ID :0: Invali
Received Alarm Message: 32: Name=SEP0014A9F5**** Load= 7.0(1.0s) : Invalid SCCP message! : ID :0: Invali

Hmm. Invalid SCCP message?

ferdies

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 09:31:57 am »
Hi,

Would you be able to help on how you got into asterisk -r?

I am getting an error message:
linuxmce@dcerouter:/etc$ asterisk -r
Asterisk 1.4.10, Copyright (C) 1999 - 2007 Digium, Inc. and others.
Created by Mark Spencer <markster@digium.com>
Asterisk comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; type 'core show warranty' for details.
This is free software, with components licensed under the GNU General Public
License version 2 and other licenses; you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain conditions. Type 'core show license' for details.
=========================================================================
Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl exist?)
linuxmce@dcerouter:/etc$ sudo amportal restart

/var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx_engine: line 26: [: =: unary operator expected
**** WARNING: ERROR IN CONFIGURATION ****
astrundir in /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf is set to  but the directory
does not exists. Attempting to create it with: 'mkdir -p '

mkdir: missing operand
Try `mkdir --help' for more information.
**** ERROR: COULD NOT CREATE  ****
Attempt to execute 'mkdir -p ' failed with an exit code of 1
You must create this directory and the try again.
linuxmce@dcerouter:/etc$

I have indicated this error also here: http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=5594.0

Thanks.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 01:23:16 pm »
congratulations, you've trashed your asterisk install.. way to go.

you should re-install the pluto asterisk by installing the asterisk-pluto and pluto-asterisk packages.

The first package is the asterisk patched for pluto, and the second is the pluto dce devices that wrap asterisk for the telecom plugin.

-Thom

tekoholic

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 06:20:50 pm »
OK, finally setting up a VOIP provider, and getting this same error.

Attempted to reinstall packages specified, but they are not available from any of apt-get's default sources (at least asterisk-pluto isn't)...

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 11:09:02 pm »
OK, finally setting up a VOIP provider, and getting this same error.

Attempted to reinstall packages specified, but they are not available from any of apt-get's default sources (at least asterisk-pluto isn't)...
These packages should be in the /usr/pluto/deb-cache directory which should have been listed in your /etc/apt/sources.list config file after the install...
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

tekoholic

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 12:15:34 am »
These packages should be in the /usr/pluto/deb-cache directory which should have been listed in your /etc/apt/sources.list config file after the install...

Much as I'd have loved for that to be the case, it was not...  I had to go digging into the install CD iso's (disk 1), and found them.  However, still getting numerous errors, attempting to get things running.

In particular, here are the errors the web interface is giving, displayed above the FreePBX Admin stuff, that isn't working:

"Warning: file(/etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf) [function.file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/admin/functions.inc.php on line 818

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/admin/functions.inc.php on line 819"

BTW, I did, thinking that it might fix this same issue (different line #'s in errors), upgrade to the newest FreePBX version.  Now, of course, I can't even update the modules to make things work...  I'll step back to the stock FreePBX now, to see if it helps.

tekoholic

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 12:55:38 am »
And now, installing the stock version gives this error numerous times during install, same error on the admin page prior to upgrade attempt:

Warning: file(/etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/admin/functions.inc.php on line 135

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/admin/functions.inc.php on line 136

tekoholic

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 04:57:42 pm »
OK, back to all stock VoIP-related SW installed.

Do have mailx installed, for other purposes.

Receiving emails about every 1/2-hour, quoted below:

"Warning: file(/etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/admin/functions.inc.php on line 135

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/admin/functions.inc.php on line 136
[FATAL] asterisk.conf parsing failure no entries found in /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf

Fatal error: Call to a member function quoteSmart() on a non-object in /var/www/admin/functions.inc.php on line 685"

I was getting all but the last line of this error, before I TOUCHED the VoIP / Telecom system.  I'm wondering how it is that someone can make an offensive statement such as this, "congratulations, you've trashed your asterisk install.. way to go.", with so many things KNOWN to be troublesome within LinuxMCE, and without making ANY effort to determine for sure that this is actually the case...

Anyhow, I've now completed the signup with Inphonex, and added this account into the Auto-Config system.  Status is blank, has remained for a good few hours, and in my brief attempts with FWD, status also did not change.

If the system is FUBAR'd, it did NOT occur due to user error, but rather, due to flaws within the system, from nearly CLEAN, UNTOUCHED install.  Only things that had been added / changed from clean 32-bit (simply due to reports of flakiness in amd64) DVD install were 2 known good 32-bit MD's, Nagios, and TorrentFlux.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 05:22:37 pm by tekoholic »

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 08:17:13 pm »
OK, back to all stock VoIP-related SW installed.

Do have mailx installed, for other purposes.

Receiving emails about every 1/2-hour, quoted below:

"Warning: file(/etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/admin/functions.inc.php on line 135

[FATAL] asterisk.conf parsing failure no entries found in /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf

Fatal error: Call to a member function quoteSmart() on a non-object in /var/www/admin/functions.inc.php on line 685"

I was getting all but the last line of this error, before I TOUCHED the VoIP / Telecom system.  I'm wondering how it is that someone can make an offensive statement such as this, "congratulations, you've trashed your asterisk install.. way to go.", with so many things KNOWN to be troublesome within LinuxMCE, and without making ANY effort to determine for sure that this is actually the case...

Anyhow, I've now completed the signup with Inphonex, and added this account into the Auto-Config system.  Status is blank, has remained for a good few hours, and in my brief attempts with FWD, status also did not change.

If the system is FUBAR'd, it did NOT occur due to user error, but rather, due to flaws within the system, from nearly CLEAN, UNTOUCHED install.  Only things that had been added / changed from clean 32-bit (simply due to reports of flakiness in amd64) DVD install were 2 known good 32-bit MD's, Nagios, and TorrentFlux.

Try actually reading those errors.  But I guess your asterisk.conf file just magicly disappeared, exactly like those .deb packages, all by themselves, apparently due to flaws within the system that only you seem to experience...  Do you have any idea how convincing that sounds?

-- Anonymous

tekoholic

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 01:58:47 am »
You're right...  I went on into /usr/pluto/deb-cache and deleted JUST THESE FEW .DEB FILES, OUT OF ALL THE HUNDREDS OF OTHERS, assuming that I'd never ever ever need them...

And, Yup, just as surely, as above, I deleted the asterisk.conf file, knowing that it was redundant, and would not ever be necessary...

The asterisk.conf file, as far as I can tell, was deleted by the upgrade attempt, after the initial errors began, and NOT REPLACED UPON THE REINSTALL OF STOCK VOIP SW...

The deb-cache has not ever been touched by human hands, since the install.

Don't know, or care if anyone else has run into these problems.  Sure might be nice, to actually have this info in the forums, with any HELPFUL input one might have to add, IN CASE ANYONE ELSE EVER DOES...

tekoholic

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 03:12:38 am »
So now, back to some real troubleshooting:

Found and copied over asterisk.conf to /etc/asterisk...  Since then, I've gotten the trunk to add and show up correctly under the http://ipaddress/admin pages.

Still getting errors with linking modules, as well as a few others.

As well, attempting to make calls from hybrid, to ANY other location (even those within LMCE network) gives a recorded statement of, "The number cannot be completed as dialed..."

Still troubleshooting...

tekoholic

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2008, 05:46:20 am »
Oh, wow...  OK, believe I've fixed my issues here, to some degree.

To begin with, I did have some residual junk on hybrid, from the upgrade attempt...  Had to run Synaptic and Completely Uninstall, as well as Konqeror (as root), to find and delete any and all files related to asterisk and freepbx, except for the .debs I had copied over from install CD.  At this point, I ran / reran "sudo dpkg -i *.deb" and "sudo apt-get -f install", from within a directory where only the correct .debs were located.

Then, add my Inphonex trunk, which shows up as it should (nearly instant registration...).

Rebooted Hybrid (yes, unfortunately it was necessary), Reload Router, Regen Orbiters, and suddenly, everything worx...  At this point, however, I still get errors:

Could not reload FOP server / Could not reload the FOP operator panel server using the bounce_op.sh script. Configuration changes may not be reflected in the panel display.

symlink from modules failed / retrieve_conf failed to sym link the /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf file from modules

Failed to copy from module agi-bin / Retrieve conf failed to copy file(s) from a module's agi-bin dir: copy(/usr/share/asterisk/agi-bin/fixlocalprefix): failed to open stream: Permission denied
copy(/usr/share/asterisk/agi-bin/user_login_out.agi): failed to open stream: Permission denied
copy(/usr/share/asterisk/agi-bin/checksound.agi): failed to open stream: Permission denied
copy(/usr/share/asterisk/agi-bin/directory): failed to open stream: Permission denied
copy(/usr/share/asterisk/agi-bin/recordingcheck): failed to open stream: Permission denied
copy(/usr/share/asterisk/agi-bin/list-item-remove.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied
copy(/usr/share/asterisk/agi-bin/enumlookup.agi): failed to open stream: Permission denied
copy(/usr/share/asterisk/agi-bin/dialparties.agi): failed to open stream: Permission denied

As well, although it is not a big deal to me, it may be for my kiddo's and wifey:  9 must be dialed before any phone #'s, to get an outside line (typical PBX behavior).  Hoping there is an easy way around that requirement.  Will hunt it down if there is one...

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2008, 04:18:35 pm »
The asterisk.conf file, as far as I can tell, was deleted by the upgrade attempt, after the initial errors began, and NOT REPLACED UPON THE REINSTALL OF STOCK VOIP SW...

So the telecom system on your nearly CLEAN, UNTOUCHED install attempted to upgrade itself and then did a REINSTALL OF STOCK VOIP SW all by itself before you even TOUCHED the VoIP / Telecom system.

I was getting all but the last line of this error, before I TOUCHED the VoIP / Telecom system. 
If the system is FUBAR'd, it did NOT occur due to user error, but rather, due to flaws within the system, from nearly CLEAN, UNTOUCHED install. 

Maybe it's just me but that does not sound like a very likely story at all.

-- Anonymous

tekoholic

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 12:30:05 am »
Yup, that's surely what I said, and in that order, too...  Keep on twisting it, Napoleon.

You're looking smarter and smarter, and so much more polite.

Here's laughing my A$$ off at ya'...