Author Topic: Unmet dependencies installing slimserver  (Read 2493 times)

bgp

• View Profile
Unmet dependencies installing slimserver
« on: June 01, 2008, 01:51:02 pm »
I tried to install slimserver on my linuxmce server, but wasn't allowed to because of unmet dependencies for libnet-dns-perl, which required the security-updated version of perl (5.8.8-7ubuntu0.1) for feisty, rather than the release version (5.8.8-7build1). I had only the default repositories enabled in apt's sources.list (i.e. local deb-cache, feisty's release, security and updates, and linuxmce's repositories, neither of which seems to be available).

The only way I could get it to install the security updates for ubuntu was to comment out the local deb-cache folder in apt's sources.list. An apt-get update and upgrade then installed a whole host of updates (security and other) including the necessary version of perl. I could then install slimserver. Re-enabling the deb-cache repository then allowed me to install the slimserver-plugin for linuxmce and seemed also to downgrade slimserver from 6.3 to 6.2.2.

Is it safe to install the ubuntu updates like I have done, or will this break linuxmce? If the latter, how does one ensure that the linuxmce server is secure, and reconcile dependencies like this?

1audio

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Unmet dependencies installing slimserver
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 05:32:04 pm »
Which version of LMCE have you installed and how did you do it?  The 7.10 RC2(?) I have has Slimserver 6.5.4 installed by default. In 7.04 in installs 6.2.2. You do need to jump through some hoops to install a newer version in 7.04.

bgp

• View Profile
Re: Unmet dependencies installing slimserver
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 09:05:53 pm »
It was 0704, which might explain the problems. I received the DVD for 0710 in the post recently. Just tried to upgrade and it's screwed my FiireEngine (I'll post separately on that), so I guess this problem is on hold until then.