Author Topic: Power Outage  (Read 620 times)

rodercot

Power Outage
« on: June 16, 2008, 03:47:21 pm »
 Hey All,

when I came howm yesterday the power had gone out. My NAS servers are on an APC and I have not installed one on the core yet. anyhow, the core went down and when it did it left the nas in limbo looking for an IP address had to reboot the nas and rebuild parity which takes a while on a 1TB parity drive. Well I let all run over night, this morning I rebooted the core and deleted and reconnected the NAS but for some reason now any update or update media or reyncing is taking absolutely forever. It has been running for 2.5 hours now and has only resync'd 1 drive out of 9 to the db.

I am thinking a reinstall now that I have the process down and at the same time adding the battery back up. I can ping the nas from desktop with no issues and I ripped a drive to it this morning as well just to test the network connection and that seems ok. I am wondering where the corruption is I am getting lots of red lines in the resync process per share.

If I wanted to set the system to dual-boot with XP at this point. would I install windows first and then LMCE.

Regards,

Dave