Author Topic: More software RAID problems  (Read 2175 times)

jondecker76

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
More software RAID problems
« on: June 15, 2008, 12:45:31 am »
I'm having problems with the software RAID (again) -

In my previous setup, after installing the RAID, LMCE automatically added symbolic links between my RAID directories and my Home directories. For example, my directory structure with my old RAID setup was:
Code: [Select]
Home     
     Public
          Data
               Videos
                    Software Raid [28]   <---This was a link to /mnt/raid_device/Public/Data/Videos

In fact, in my old setup, each and every directory had these links to navigate through the directory structure
However, after the 2nd time of adding my software raid in 2 days, it still won't completely finish. Attached is a screenshot of my Files->Files and Media Sync admin page. It shows a good overview of the directory structure. If you look on the pane on the left, you will see that a link to my software raid was not created. On the right, you will see that it does know about my software raid, and it wants me to select a type for it, as if it is some type of media.

Any thoughts?
(Attachments are not working, couldn't attach image)

jondecker76

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: More software RAID problems
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 02:11:35 am »
Ok, i'm glad I didn't jump the gun and touch anything. I gave it some more time, and did another full reboot of the core, and now my directory structure is there as it should be, and my ripping functionality to the RAID device is working again.

From what I can figure, this last reboot was the only reboot I attempted AFTER the full damaged/Rebuilding process completed. So that must be when LMCE creates all of those symlinks, during a reboot after the array is fully repaired. I had tried some reboots earlier, but it wasn't fully finished repairing.