Author Topic: Adding NEW DVD Movies  (Read 4256 times)

rodercot

Re: Adding NEW DVD Movies
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2008, 01:50:41 pm »
Thanks Roy,

Does this audio thing make sense to you. All my files are FLAC. the other thing I am wondering is if you goto webadmin grab an artist IE .38 special under that I have anthology disc 1 and anthology disc 2 which right now are being seen as Doc Viewer files then if I click on either one of those two albums to go to the tracks and view attributes they are seen as LinuxMCE Audio Files - this is where I assigned attribute details BUT if you go up one level so back to anthology disc 1 for instance which is seen as a doc viewer you can assign a LinuxMCE CD to this folder.

I just want to get this right the first time so I do not have to do it again.

THX,

Dave

freymann

• Douchebag
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2008, 02:44:36 pm »
When I click on GOLD it takes me into the tracks on the album but from the GOLD (album window) for that artist there is no option to just select play from one of the albums under that artist. I hope this makes sense.

I found that rather confusing at first too.

When you have found your music, by finding Abba and seeing the list of albums, you have to click on an album to display the tunes, then click on MORE across the bottom and then PLAY ALL.

When your tunes are playing, if you hit F7 or click on the middle gyro mouse button to bring up the menu again, on the far left, click that media button and you can find the RANDOM option up top.

I believe, if you want to add more music to the queue, while somehting is playing, you have to do the MORE and PLAY ALL buttons to add them to the list. This sometimes works for me and other times it just replaces the current queue with what I selected.

I have no idea how you manage playlists in LinuxMCE, but that's something I really haven't sat down and tried to figured out yet.

I don't know how you tell it to play "all of Abba's songs", I find it wants to be told to play a specific song or an entire album.

Is there a wiki page with user instructions on how to access music? or photos for that matter, I have no idea how you make it play all photos in a folder...

On the other issue of moving the video folder, was I correct in using the user_1 video folder. I have not moved those files yet. I just want to be sure that is where I need to move it to.

If you put them into the /home/user_1/data/* directory, they will 'private' files owned by the first user you added to the system.

If you want files to be public, they should be into /home/public/data/*

I also find that you need to fiddle with the owner:group and set them to root:public if you want some of the attributes to work, even if I've copied them into the public folders using the Samba shares. When in the media file sync admin area, if I try to set the attribute to "Music Video" or "Movie" it doesn't 'stick'. I go look at the ownership and I see plutu_gerry:public. I change it to root:public, try again, and it works.

I don't know if that's the way it's supposed to work or not, seems kinda odd that you'd have to go fiddling with permissions in order to set attributes in the admin pages.

rodercot

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2008, 03:05:32 pm »
Thanks Freyman,

That is the answer I have been looking for. I will try that later. I agree I would assume that we should not have to edit any permission once the server is on-line with the system. This would be a bomb waiting to go off for a non-technical person. somewhat like me.  Did you get cover art for all your albums and tracks within those albums or did you have to apply attributes individually to each song.

FYI - Blu-Ray, I just ripped total recall with my windows machine any dvd sets it up like ######_TOTAL_RECALL  and then two sub directories under that. Interestingly linuxmce finds it right away as a LinuxMCE blu-ray disc but does not give the Amazon option. I applied a picture via the browse option. I then resync and applies media sub-type as movies and HD1080. Regen'd the orbiter on the core and voila it is available on that menu with cover art. I click play and it plays with no menu's or ffwd or rrwnd capabilities, so it plays the opening blu-ray propaganda fine but then just stops and heads back to the UI desktop. So I am not sure if LMCE cannot read the BD structure as there is now no AACS involved as any dvd stripped that or if my problem is that I do not have the M2TS ext in my sql DB. I am not sure how to edit that, I read the wiki about file extensions but I am little reserved as to attacking it.

Is there a command line on just how to view which ext. are currently installed.

THX,

Dave

freymann

• Douchebag
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2008, 03:42:14 pm »
Thanks Freyman,

That is the answer I have been looking for. I will try that later. I agree I would assume that we should not have to edit any permission once the server is on-line with the system. This would be a bomb waiting to go off for a non-technical person. somewhat like me.  Did you get cover art for all your albums and tracks within those albums or did you have to apply attributes individually to each song.

Glad to help!

As to the music cover art, I have a large collection of MP3 files (20GB) that I've pruned over time to include the proper ID3 tags. Most of this originated on my Windoze system, under Media Player, so there are a variety of images in each directory that Media Player understands, but when this collection was transferred into LinuxMCE, sometimes I see cover art and sometimes I don't. The same collection, when managed with RhythmBox under Ubuntu appears as it should with cover art.

My collection is too large for me to bother with it under LinuxMCE. As long as I can find and play the tunes, I'm happy with that. All the ID3 tags seem to be working so using the filters works... with one little problem, under Genre, I have too many types that don't fit in between the top and bottom, so I can't select "Country" for instance, but I see other Genre's I don't care about it listed.

rodercot

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2008, 04:10:08 pm »
FYI - HD_DVD - I just ripped The perfect storm and with the same results, LMCE find the file as a Linuxmce HD-DVD again no option for Amazon so I assign a cover art from file and then resync the db, the regen the orb on the core. I can then choose the video and hd1080 and it is there, I click on play and nothing, it is trying to play it as you can hear some static one in a while and the counter is counting in the upper right corner but no video or audio can be heard. I also from the LMCE hd-dvd menu choose dvd options and select another audio track but still no sound.

Any thought on either blu or hd playback. I am hoping that it has to do with the file ext in sql.

THX,

Dave