Author Topic: Adding NEW DVD Movies  (Read 4461 times)

rodercot

Adding NEW DVD Movies
« on: June 10, 2008, 12:35:39 am »

I am trying to add new moves to the DB. I rip the file to the share from my desktop computer. The file is now in the share, then I resync the db, When I go into to look at the movie it says it;s type is a doc viewer I then change it to an LinuxMCE DVD choose movies and dvd for the other boxes and then update. Then I resync the DB and do a quick reload when I go back into look at the movie in Media sync it changes it back to a doc viewer it I have 6 movies I ripped and it is doing the same thing to all of them.

Regards,

Dave

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Adding NEW DVD Movies
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 04:56:48 am »
Hi rodercot,

What format are you ripping them to? If you're doing it in ISO this should be fine but you will need to rename them from .iso to .dvd for LMCE to identify them as DVD media.

Also - any reason why you don't just copy directly from the Core? Makes the whole process (including getting attributes) much better/quicker.

Cheers,
WR.

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 06:25:58 am »
wombiroller - you don't need to rename them anymore, LMCE recognises .iso's now.... but agreed, yes you should definitely use LMCE to do the rip (assuming they are not some of the rare instances were it can't rip them)

rodercot

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 10:49:44 am »
I rip them in VOB format (Main Movie Only). I normally rip without VIDEO_TS folder.  I reread some stuff in the wiki states once LMCE sees a VIDEO_TS folder it will name it as a DVD. So I went back and made VIDEO_TS folders in each movie directory that did not have one and copied the movie filed into that directory for each. That worked at least all the movies are seen as a LinuxMCE DVD now. I reset the attributes and updates and then resync'd the entire Public/Other .* a couple times but still I still do not see them in Videos either in ALL-ALL or in Movies-DVD.

Regards,

Dave

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 02:02:17 pm »
wombiroller - you don't need to rename them anymore, LMCE recognises .iso's now.... but agreed, yes you should definitely use LMCE to do the rip (assuming they are not some of the rare instances were it can't rip them)

Oops - thanks colinsjones - obviously missed that one.

rodercot

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 02:37:36 pm »
Still no luck, as above, I made video_ts folders for each movie that did not have one and then copied each movies files into the new folder resync'd the Db and they all show up as LinuxMCE DVD now. I set the cover art and attributes for all then reysync the entire other folder including all 9 shares but the movies still will not be seen in UI in the videos section (ALL-ALL)

I am thinking that I should just delete the nas device reconnect it and let it find it again and resync it that way.

THX,

Dave

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 06:18:25 pm »
Is there any particular reason why you're not just "ripping" (copying) the DVDs under lmce?
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

rodercot

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 06:54:05 pm »
Size I guess is one factor, I only rip the main movie and the 5.1 track as well as english subs.

Regards,

Dave

rodercot

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 12:15:16 am »
I can search for the movies from the orbiter and it finds all the titles that were ripped with the cover art and location but still will not display the movie in the orbiter I guess that means that they are in fact in the db, I am also finding some movies that were already on the NAS when I first hooked it to the system are no longer available in the orbiter as well, not just ones I have ripped since it had been hooked up.

Regards,

Dave

royw

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2008, 08:11:22 am »
I reset the attributes and updates and then resync'd the entire Public/Other .* a couple times but still I still do not see them in Videos either in ALL-ALL or in Movies-DVD.
I set the cover art and attributes for all then reysync the entire other folder including all 9 shares but the movies still will not be seen in UI in the videos section (ALL-ALL)

I'd suggest setting one of the shares to use "Pluto's structure", then rip a dvd to public/data/videos.  Then see if this movie shows up as you expect in the UI.  If so, then copy/move one of your already ripped movies to public/data/videos, then synchronize the directory using pluto admin, Media Files Sync.  Hopefully your movie will now show up in the UI.

Also the directory names (public/other) should be lower case.

HTH,
Roy

rodercot

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 11:40:41 am »
thanks roy,

I actually deleted the device and had the hybrid reinstall in. It would not find it on it;s own though, I had to create the device again and I had to give the hybrid the file servers mac address before it would detect it after about 2 hours it resync'd and all my movies were there. I did a lot of moving of files so I likely corrupted the db.

I also read something on the wiki about file lock for dvd copying - when it is a good time to use this option?

Regards,

Dave
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 12:13:50 pm by rodercot »

royw

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 01:32:00 am »
I also read something on the wiki about file lock for dvd copying - when it is a good time to use this option?

I use it when I'm messing with files in a LMCE "owned" data directory from the CLI.  Usually batch moving, sometimes using 3rd party ripping tools (actually I usually do this in a non LMCE "owned" directory then lock and move the file(s)).

HTH,
Roy

rodercot

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2008, 04:53:09 pm »
So I have most of my movies sync'd. All my movies are in tower/Movies/MovieName/Video_ts in the public/data/other directory. My question is two fold, I have a directory of movies that I want no one else to access or see. Where do I create that folder and how should I move the folder of movies over to the newly created folder.

Another thing I noticed is most of those movies I want to move are AVI ext files and those movies are showing up in LMCE as Doc Viewer files, if I change them to LinuxMCE video files and do a resync they default back to doc viewer.

One more thing I am not sure if it is a bug with LMCE or with Amazon, if I am searching for a movie via title and it finds only one hit and then I click assign cover art it refreshes but does not attach the cover art to the title. The only reason I mention this is that I notice it will work sometimes but not all the time, I just research via an actor or director to get more then one hit to fic the problem.

Regards,

Dave

royw

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008, 07:10:30 pm »
So I have most of my movies sync'd. All my movies are in tower/Movies/MovieName/Video_ts in the public/data/other directory. My question is two fold, I have a directory of movies that I want no one else to access or see. Where do I create that folder and how should I move the folder of movies over to the newly created folder.

I use "Pluto's Structure" in which case you would use user_1/data/... for your first defined user.

I haven't tried AVI files, hopefully someone else can help you.

While the dvd attribute lookup is cool, I'm not impressed with amazon's data (biased to currently for sale dvds, particularly the dual or triple packaging, lack of genre attributes, lack of title attributes, incorrect titles, etc...) so have given up on it and am replacing the file attributes with good data from DvdProfiler.

Have fun,
Roy

freymann

• Douchebag
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2008, 04:51:11 am »
One more thing I am not sure if it is a bug with LMCE or with Amazon, if I am searching for a movie via title and it finds only one hit and then I click assign cover art it refreshes but does not attach the cover art to the title. The only reason I mention this is that I notice it will work sometimes but not all the time, I just research via an actor or director to get more then one hit to fic the problem.

I had copied (via Samba shares) a Steve Miller Band .mpg file, which was a recorded television show on my MythBuntu system, into the public/movies/Music_Vids directory on my core, and in the admin web page > Files & Media > Media Files Sync, changed the attribute to "Music Videos" and saved. When I went to look again, it was back to the default. Tried again, same thing.

I ended up having to change the owner on the file, on the core to root, then doing the above step, and it stuck. I wonder if this is a bug?