Author Topic: CM15A and LinuxMCE  (Read 51517 times)

mythtified

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: CM15A and LinuxMCE
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2010, 08:50:49 pm »
 :'(
Well I wonder why you and Mgart.vlad are having problems with the interface stopping daily.  I also wonder why mine works well and yours doesn't.

eaglesvr

• First post!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2010, 03:52:15 am »
I stumbled over this great forum while google'ing for a doable solution of switching from Active Home X10 to some SW more customizeable and reliable, preferably linux-based. Since CM15a is now a supported in linuxMCE, I got very interested and would' like to get some details from the Gurus here.
All simple test applications mentioned on this forum use PLC  signals sent from cm15a to X10 units. The CM15 in AHP can send not only PLC but RF signals too. Does MCE interface for cm15a provide that feature? Moreover, I'd like to research possibility to send and receive RF signals from security devices like X10 ds10a, ms10a.  I saw on another MCE forum a message  about successful receiving data from MS18- security motion sensor. So, it seems to be possible. Also I found quite detailed data sheets about X10 protocols, including security interface details, so it would be interesting to try.

joerod

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2010, 01:49:14 am »
This thread seemed very active for a while; then NOS disappeared... I ordered a CM15a and 6 dimmer switches;  they should be here next week and I hope to revive this thread and get all this stuff working and documented.

mythtified

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2010, 02:23:14 pm »
I did not see this post or I would have answered too.  You are right NOS seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth.  I helped him test his code on my own installation.  I have successfully had a CM15A running on my machine for more than a year now.  I have had a few glitches early on due to updates that partially broke the device but these were quickly fixed by the developers.  If you look through this thread you will see where others have had problems with the CM15A locking up and that the only fix was a reboot.  I have experienced this but to a lesser degree.  In those cases where the device locked up it was always preceded by a short power loss.  I have also found that if I leave batteries in the device that eventually the CM15A will operate unpredictably.  Lights that have not been defined turn on for a defined event on a schedule.  So I reboot the computer when I see the lights flicker or my ups beep and I do not put batteries in the CM15A. 

Hope this helps.

joerod

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2010, 10:36:13 pm »
awesome, I get my device in tomorrow and hope to be trying it out this weekend.  I'll post here again if anyone else is interested in getting these working on their on configuration.

**UPDATE**

I got in the CM15A and the light switches and everything worked just as described on the wiki.  Just remember you can only use incandesent bulbs NOT the florecent ones...  ( I had to change them before I found out the difference...)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 06:06:39 am by joerod »